Easy camper recipes.

Ed Webb

Webber
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Im a man of few pleasures; my van, coffee, gin and a good breakfast.
I've got a simple yet (for me) awesome recipe that I make when away in the van.
However on an admin day at home I decided to treat myself as it's been a while and thought I'd share mine in the hope to create a thread of wonderful camper creations.

Mine is the bacon, egg wrap with maple syrup.

Per wrap I use:
1 soft Wrap (mission deli do a wrap with cheese, awesome)
3 Smoked Bacon rashers
2 Eggs
Pinch of Crushed chillies
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Maple syrup.

1) fry up some bacon to desired state, mine is crispy
2) in a bowl beat two eggs with a pinch of crushed chillies and cayenne pepper.
3) Set aside on plate covered in tin foil
4) clean pan with kitchen roll
5) Add beaten egg to pan and allow to cook leaving it flat, flip over and cook other side.
6) place cooked egg disc on wrap slightly off centre to allow for folding, top with bacon and drizzle in maple syrup. Ketchup and brown sauce also works.
7) fold wrap up and enjoy.
IMG_0164.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0167.JPG

6 farm shop sausages
1/2lb homemade smoked bacon
1/2 a tin of spam
2 free range eggs
6 mushrooms

Fry them to death and serve

IMG_2893.JPG

Eggs still in the pan sorry
IMG_2894.JPG

Sorry guys you just made me throw up looking at the state of the food you cooked. If your going to do a fry up do a proper full English and leave the spam in the tin. No person in their right mind eats that stuff :sick:
Easy meal is Good bacon fried how you like it slapped between a beget slice some tomatoes on to along with some fresh lettuce and mayo and you have the perfect BLT :)

Sorry guys you just made me throw up looking at the state of the food you cooked. If your going to do a fry up do a proper full English and leave the spam in the tin. No person in their right mind eats that stuff :sick:
Easy meal is Good bacon fried how you like it slapped between a beget slice some tomatoes on to along with some fresh lettuce and mayo and you have the perfect BLT :)
Why ruin a good bacon sandwich with lettuce and tomato? ;)

Lovin the theme there. Got me the munchies now, which isn't hard considering I haven't eaten all day. But even that wouldn't bring me to eating spam!

Until you have tried fried spam you cant knock if lol

Id like a hash brown or maybe even a yorkshire pudding thrown in.

Putting the spam aside I'm rather impressed by the sound of @Colinlp homemade smoked bacon and also farmhouse sausages. Nothing worse than these 70% water 28% weird stuff 2% meat supermarket sausages.

Another camper favourite of ours, a one pan wonder:
Mixed shellfish (squid, prawns, mussels etc) and some chorizo
small onion
Mushrooms
glass white wine
Creme fraiche
some sort of fresh pasta, I like the stuffed pasta shell type

Fry the fish chorizo, mushroom and onion for 5 minutes
chuck in the wine to deglaze
Chuck in the creme fraiche and pasta and bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes

Eat with crusty bread

Putting the spam aside I'm rather impressed by the sound of @Colinlp homemade smoked bacon and also farmhouse sausages. Nothing worse than these 70% water 28% weird stuff 2% meat supermarket sausages.
We do make our own sausage too but we didn't have any as my friend has a farm and slaughtered a pig and made some for us. Can't beat free range products especially when you know the animals by name and know how they were kept and fed

@Ed Webb I do a simple camping recipe with wraps as well - I use a Cadac but would work in a frying pan:-

Cheesy Steak Wraps with Balsamic Onions

Couple of red onions, thinly sliced into half rings.
Fry onions in a bit of butter/oil until nicely softened
Add some salt and pepper to taste.
Add some fresh or dry chilli to taste.
Add a shed load of balsamic vinegar (you can't really overdo it!!) and fry hard until reduced to a jam like consistency.
Put lid on pan and set aside.

Put a wrap on a hot griddle plate (no oil).
Sprinkle liberally with grated cheese.
Wait until cheese starts to melt and cover with a second wrap.
Press down, flip over and let the other side cook for about 30 seconds.
Place wraps on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
Repeat for as many wraps as you have.

Griddle some decent steak (we use either sirloin or ribeye) to liking.
Cover with foil and let rest for a few minutes.
Slice steak up

Share steak out between the wraps, cover liberally with the onion mix.
Fold wraps in half
Eat!

Roll on Bala this coming Friday!!

Another camper favourite of ours, a one pan wonder:
Mixed shellfish (squid, prawns, mussels etc) and some chorizo
small onion
Mushrooms
glass white wine
Creme fraiche
some sort of fresh pasta, I like the stuffed pasta shell type

Fry the fish chorizo, mushroom and onion for 5 minutes
chuck in the wine to deglaze
Chuck in the creme fraiche and pasta and bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes

Eat with crusty bread
I do something very similar but with rice instead of pasta, chorizo goes really well with seafood. Also add tomatoes and chillies sometimes

@Colinlp all the meat I tend to buy is from local farm shops that actually know the animals and how they were treated. I don't eat much meat but when I do it's always good quality. I really enjoy a good steak along side some road side farm shop veg bought when on route to the campsite. (Those stands you find near small holding and farms selling veg with an honesty box) nothing like good hearty local super fresh veg

I do something very similar but with rice instead of pasta, chorizo goes really well with seafood. Also add tomatoes and chillies sometimes
Paella is another one of our favourites camping - prawns and squid usually in the fridge's ice box just in case!!

Back