Easy camper recipes.

Rhubarb and Rhubarb & Ginger seems to be going down very well with Jo at the moment - bottles of Warner Edwards, Whitley Nell and Edinburgh in the cupboard at the moment. However, for camping, rather than taking bottles we have started taking tins of ready mixed G&T - Greenall's Gin and Pink Grapefruit is the current favourite!!

Currently waiting for this year batch of sloes and damson to come into season before making a new batch of these gins.
The tins of it are really good and perfect fridge size. Greenall's is a nice gin too.

Last edited:
"Silent Pool" is my tipple; fever tree regular tonic; ice; lime & cucumber, followed by 6 pints of "Thornbridge Jaipur" ......happy happy days:geek::notworthy::sleep: (in that order)

I saw a recipe in a VW camper mag: pasta; spam(ish); and vodka and some other bits and bobs. I have never cooked with Vodka but it looked really good:)
It's to kill the taste of the spam
I like a Scottish breakfast as well but I can't belive you guys making Sloe Gin and the like. MAke us all sound like a bund of drunkards. Personally I prefer tea or coffee now. Had enough of getting drunk in my life too many bad heads

Curried Baked Beans:
Heat a little oil in a saucepan
Fry a medium sized chopped onion until soft
Add 1 teaspoon hot curry powder (or according to taste)and gently fry for about 1 minute
Add tin of baked beans
Heat gently
Put into a pitta bread, or naan, or chapatis,or enjoy on toast.

Great lunchtime snack!

Curried Baked Beans:
Heat a little oil in a saucepan
Fry a medium sized chopped onion until soft
Add 1 teaspoon hot curry powder (or according to taste)and gently fry for about 1 minute
Add tin of baked beans
Heat gently
Put into a pitta bread, or naan, or chapatis,or enjoy on toast.

Great lunchtime snack!
I think after that cocktail you could hook your arse up to your Cadac, save a fortune on gas :rofl:

Cheeseburger and small fry's on the way camping :D

By the time dinner comes around when camping, I'm not sure i can taste anything, as Bourbon numbs the taste buds.

This is not the breakfast of champions, it is the breakfast of runners up as it's Spam free this time so as not to upset the taste deprived amongst us. I think this is about as much as you can cook on a Cadac

IMG_3001.JPG

All very interesting but we seemed to have missed one vital component from @Ed Webb's original post..... what kind of Gin is everyone enjoying???? My overall fave is Tanqueray 10 but I'm enjoying a bottle of Monkey47 at the mo. o_O

I'm a tank 10 fan too .... it doesn't quite have the posh brand but have you ever tried Hortus gin from Lidl?
15.99 and amazingly good !
:p
Portobello Road also good and Martin Millers if you like London Dry Gins
Lots of ice and stick to normal fever tree!!

As for food....!
Buy some good spicy local sausages.
Cut skin off and cut each sausage into 4 pieces.
Fry some onion +/- some garlic.
Add sausages and fry to colour.
Add jar tomato type pasta sauce of your choice.
Cook pasta shapes of your choice.
Add sausages to pasta and grate Parmesan or locally bought cheese.

Hey presto..... easy peasy campfire meatballs without the hassle!

As for food....!

I hear you can do something similar with SPAM :)

As for food....!

We do something almost identical.

Pasta on to boil
Snip the end of each of each sausage and squeeze out in chunks into a hot pan to brown.
Pour in passata
Stir in a couple of big spoonfuls of pesto and a handful of fresh parmesan
Combine

12 mins if you choose your pasta well! We've also done it with sliced chicken instead of sausage. Either way it is one of those rare meals that us and both kids enjoy.

Back