Early year T5 upgrade

Smileysmile

I'm looking for a T6 kombi, 150 T32 DSG tailgate. £35k!!

What if I purchased an early T5 with above specs? Much cheaper. I'm going to upgrade front with more stylish aggressive front anyway. New wheels with air suspension. I maybe talking 2012.

Find the lowest mileage T5. I'm not wanting to turn into a camper ie pop up roof.
The main question are what are the changes between that age and say a 2016/17 model?
You can buy lcd headlights with a number of bumper/splitter choices. Obviously the wings would have to be changed. Feedback much appreciated.

Often referred to as a 'Facelift'. Pretty sure you can take a T5 and T5.1 and swap it up to T6 or T6.1

In short I think it needs new; bonnet, front bumper, headlights, grilles, and front wings. I'm not sure on the electrical side of things.

You might find the links below have some useful information, doesn't look cheap though!

I'm sure you could try and source parts from a breaker which should be more affordable e.g from a van that's been written off from being rear ended.

My budget is £20k
Plus my car is worth £10400 private sale. I was going to buy a van then sell my car and use the money to convert. Think I may save a bit. Depends on who is selling van if they part exchange

The main question are what are the changes between that age and say a 2016/17 model?
I've not owned a T5, but was in a similar situation when i bought my T6...reasons i ended up with the t6, aside the slight cosmetic points mentioned were nicer interior/dash. I'm told the T6s are a bit quieter/smoother to drive (assume more refined engine and better soundproofing?) and the T6 is euro6 emissions, so as 'futureproof' as i could get. i dropped lucky on a T6 with low miles for decent money so went with that.

Yes, I agree. The Euro6 emissions. 2016 was it, cleaner engine was installed.

This one went quick. Very desirable colour to. £35k

Back