Eagle F1 / Conti Sport Contact 3?

Rob_EMTB

T6 Pro
Hi all,

Ordered a set of Eagle F1's from Black Circles as they get great recommendation here (265/45/20) but they've just told me their not in stock.

Instead they've offered Continental Sport Contact as a replacement as the same price. Would you guys recommend, or should I find some Eagle F1's as originally ordered?

Replacement: 4 x Continental Sport Contact 3 (Audi AO) 265/40 R20 Y (104), Reinforced, Asymmetrical Fuel:C, Wet:B, Noise:2-73dB £938.60

OR how about I go for eagle F1 but 275/40 R20

Cheers,
Rob.

What width wheels are you putting them on? What load rating do you need?

Honestly not sure - they are these, if anyone knows these wheels, I think they were called Vitos?

View attachment 105629
You can cancel black circles for a full refund if they can’t fulfill the order with exactly what you want. They should do that no quibble.

As for replacement sizes, what load rating is the van? T32? I would avoid a 275/40 on those wheels, I suspect they are 8.5 wide so the 275 is too wide really. I might be wrong on wheel width, it’s difficult to say without knowing exactly which wheels they are.

Also, looking at the stance of your van I would expect a 275/40 will rub a fair bit.

The reason i ask i because I've recently been through this... my wheel are 8.5" wide and van is a T30 so i can have 101 load rating, so i 'should' choose a thinner tyre that's 255/40.

if you're a T32 then i guess you're a bit stuck.

You can cancel black circles for a full refund if they can’t fulfill the order with exactly what you want. They should do that no quibble.

As for replacement sizes, what load rating is the van? T32? I would avoid a 275/40 on those wheels, I suspect they are 8.5 wide so the 275 is too wide really. I might be wrong on wheel width, it’s difficult to say without knowing exactly which wheels they are.
Its a T32 4Motion.

Cheers. Yeah I may have to cancel with them.

The stock tyres are budget 275/40's and the van is lowered 60mm. No issues with rubbing at all, but would rather have the 265/40's as recommended by most on here.

The reason i ask i because I've recently been through this... my wheel are 8.5" wide and van is a T30 so i can have 101 load rating, so i 'should' choose a thinner tyre that's 255/40.

if you're a T32 then i guess you're a bit stuck.
T32 4Motion!

Its a T32 4Motion.

Cheers. Yeah I may have to cancel with them.

The stock tyres are budget 275/40's and the van is lowered 60mm. No issues with rubbing at all, but would rather have the 265/40's as recommended by most on here.
I actually have a set of brand new unused 265/40 Eagle F1s at the cave. I can sell you them if you want and you can get them fitted locally.

They are brand new, still labelled, never run, but were removed from a brand new wheel and tyre package when the customer changed their mind on tyre sizes.

I actually have a set of brand new unused 265/40 Eagle F1s at the cave. I can sell you them if you want and you can get them fitted locally.

They are brand new, still labelled, never run, but were removed from a brand new wheel and tyre package when the customer changed their mind on tyre sizes.
This could be perfect! Let me know price / delivery? Thank you!

Not on the van, but I’ve had continental sport contacts in various iterations on my S4. They have a very rounded shoulder and the tread pattern sort of fades out as it goes over the shoulder. My S4 has a big V8 lump up front and so puts a lot of weight through the tyres when you corner. The contis, irrespective of tyre pressure, very quickly scrub that shallow shoulder off and end up with a bald band round the edge even though the centre of the tyre has tread. I’d think they’d react the same on the van.
I’m on my 3rd set of F1 asymmetricals now in the S4 and they have a squarer shoulder and last much better. Get more miles out of a set too. They are better in the wet and quiter.
I can’t see them acting much differently on a heavy van.
But personally when I get big wheels I’ll be going for the Goodyear.

Back