Dynamic Range Adjustment (headlamps)

willythepooh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Can anyone explain why my headlamp beams are now higher after suspension mods ?
The rake is obviously different, but I thought the DRA compensated for it.
I don’t have an adjuster wheel inside the cockpit, so if I had a heavy load I would blind people.

Can anyone explain why my headlamp beams are now higher after suspension mods ?
The rake is obviously different, but I thought the DRA compensated for it.
I don’t have an adjuster wheel inside the cockpit, so if I had a heavy load I would blind people.

Can you still see the headlights do the auto adjust thing when starting the van up?

Maybe you’ve “modded” the suspension so that the suspension is now out of the available range of adjustment.
The rake of this van is almost the same after suspension as it was before . If the lights are going up and down on start up they should be self adjustable . Might be necessary to plug in VCDS and check the sensors that direct the head lights .

So the van went into the dealership and basically they’ve said it’s going to cost me £98+ vat to set the headlights, after the suspension was dropped.
Fair enough, but what happens if I take some fat bird home at night in the back of the van ?
Will they adjust or will I blind the owls up the trees.
It doesn’t make sense at all to me.
Angle of the van is the same as before, just 1cm higher at the back.
Someone from Derby VW best give me a good explanation when I pick it up tomorrow.

The self levelling platform that the headlights are fixed to, level themselves every time you turn on the ignition to cater for said “fat bird”. So all you are doing is resetting the headlight range relative to the platform.

Back