Dust Seal option?

As above, if the seals are factory ordered there are small holes in the door that the seal locates into, if done aftermarket then they are purely stuck on with adhesive
For the price i would factory order them

Well, finally got round to fitting the forum bought dust seal..
What a different, such a 'cheap' mod with great effect.
Thanks to forum for thread.
:thumbsup:

20170103_161332.jpg

Last edited:
Simple question (hopefully): What is the £30 "Additional dust seal outside" available as an option?
Like the others say - well worth the money. The difference in sound when shutting the door makes it well worth it. Besides what else could you get from the accessory brochure for £30? That's only a couple of bottles of wine.

My T6 Kombi doors work fine but sound horrible, despite dealer work on them. I've tried to access the thread via the t4/t5 forum but the security there locks me out. Their little anti-bot device tells me I'm good and then that I'm not. This is on PC or ipad whether trying to join or when trying to message the moderator. Any suggestions? Or maybe a direct link to the guy that I believe is based in Germany that sells them. Any help much appreciated!

Thank you so much Pauly, and why didn't I think to look in the forum's little treasure trove?!
Mr Resk seems to be the main man as I've heard nothing but good reports about the seal that he sells.
£30 quid to save me cringing every time I slam a door is well worth the money!

Thats why we sell his stuff, i can get it from plenty of places cheaper but why take the chance when this is tried and tested many times over by transporter enthusiasts all over !

It's ordered.
Big smiles expected soon. I'm fully with you. You get what you pay for. Why pay 10 quid for rubbish when 30 sorts it? Thinking about it is that why I bought a T6 rather than a Citroen Relay or whatever the hell they're called?
Many thanks.
Mauldyman

I did this job yesterday. 3 minutes per door to clean down and about ten minutes per door to fit. The difference is totally and utterly astonishing. It's the best 30 quid I could have spent!

Three small tips from my work:-
THE best clean down I've found for making squeaky clean surface to stick things to is Isopropanol, or Isopropyl Alcohol. I used to make "stickers" and adhesive decals and I never found anything to beat it. You can get it from a good chemist, although you may get some funny looks and requests for assurance that you're not going to try mixing it with tonic and lemon......! It's used as a cleaner and degreaser in the electronics industry and it's the doggy dooda's.
Secondly it was worth taking 30 seconds to get a small step-ladder out so the top of the door can be started just-so without guessing from a position a foot down from it.
Thirdly a clean floor (or old trousers!) so that you can sit under the door and get the bottom edge of the door all nicely lined up by being right next to it.

I'm still reeling from how easy the job was and what a difference it makes. Every T6 should have it!

Still haven't fitted mine, lazy b'stard, on had them since christmas.

I've now driven my van for the first time since the seal was fitted. It's MUCH quieter on the road too! A huge difference.

In terms of the seal placement I will do a photo of left and right side application that I used. Our van is "Majave Beige" (nice colour, crap name) so the black seal shows quite easily against the door colour.

Those of you South of Lancaster are basking in the sun, but here in Cumbria the weather is living up to its reputation - grey and wet :-(

I will wait for something a little brighter before getting my camera out and please, no jibes from those that ARE basking in the sun today!

Back