Dub Dogs, let’s see them :)

We took our rescue Collie to Dobbies again today. She loves sniffing round the place and could sniff all day! It was lovely at one point there were five dogs on leads with their owners with in 10sq metres.

acting like a German pointer, seen a pheasant in the bushes obviously !! Good name flynn ;) same as ours ^
He is definitely interested in anything with feathers, haven’t encountered any cats or squirrels yet but think they will be considered targets too

my Flynns been out tonight with me shooting, doing what he does best!!! I get as much enjoyment out of working him, retrieving and watching him work on land or water as i do with the shooting

I'm looking for thoughts on carrying out Collie on holiday. The last few holidays have been abroad but without our new family addition (the 11 yo rescued) collie. We carry her round with us when we go anywhere and she wears a harness and we tie the lead to a tie down D point. But looking at longer journeys I'm wondering what the majority do to keep their pet safe.

We drive a 2017 Shuttle with the middle seats out when away. I initially thought of just popping the Pip's bed in the middle space but now I'm winding if this is a good idea to keep her safe.

Ideas please. We have four tie down points in the middle so could put straps in a cross and secure a bed/carry cage to it.

I'm looking for thoughts on carrying out Collie on holiday. The last few holidays have been abroad but without our new family addition (the 11 yo rescued) collie. We carry her round with us when we go anywhere and she wears a harness and we tie the lead to a tie down D point. But looking at longer journeys I'm wondering what the majority do to keep their pet safe.

We drive a 2017 Shuttle with the middle seats out when away. I initially thought of just popping the Pip's bed in the middle space but now I'm winding if this is a good idea to keep her safe.

Ideas please. We have four tie down points in the middle so could put straps in a cross and secure a bed/carry cage to it.
I use a hammock. This has been great for my boy. He has had his cruciate done and we had to do something to secure him better. Should not take much to make it secure on the floor.

We use a soft/collapsible crate for ours in the back. Crate is attached to a couple of the D-rings by carabiners and slings and then can move back and front seats to pretty much wedge the crate in for belt and braces. Couple of beds and blankets in the crate and ours love it. Only downside is it can be a little dark - but ours tend to lie down and sleep when travelling. The second photo in my previous post in this thread shows our set up.

Pet insurers. just looking into insurers again. Any recommendations?

Best quote I have had so far is with purely pets (via compare the market) at around £15 per month for £9k cover, £160 excess (lifetime cover).

Reviews not the best on google but finding that for all insurers...

Back