DST roof Rails

Has anyone using the DST roof bars. Get mixed reviews online
You could ask @samrhysjones16 for an update…:
Hi,

I've just bought a VW predrilled C-channel awning rail for my t6 from funky leisure, its the raised one specifically for roof bars, and I've bought my roof bars from DST Online, tried fitting the roof bars on top of the rail this afternoon and it simply wouldn't fit. It seemed as though the screws that go through the roof bars bad through the rail to the roof weren't long enough as the weren't catching in the pre drilled holes. Has anyone else bad this issue and had to buy longer screws or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Sam

I’m looking at roof rails at the moment, has anyone used the DST set? With 3 bars they are saying they carry loads up to 75kg.
Or should I just bite the bullet and get a set direct from vw?

I have fitted the DST roof rails and 3 cross bars that come in a set. As I use my van for work purposes and carry lengths of timber I wouldn't rate them to carry much weight as the bars them self are metal but use a moulded plastic fitting to connect the cross bars to the rails are a bit ordinary. I most carry only a few length and tie them to the outer edges as I would think the bar would bend if place in the middle.
I would like to compare to the VW sets to see if they are a stronger fitting.
I did choice these more for the looks as to the strength as I want to keep the looks instead of a heavy load carrying set which would be better foe heavy ladders etc.

That’s for the reply- Yes that’s the set I’ve been eyeing up, I carry a set of ladders in the summer months not massively heavy but could be a problem with flexing/bending although I don’t think they are any where near 75kg

Back