DSG reset procedure for different drivers.

huw169

Black 199 Shuttle
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Had a search but couldn’t find anything.
Also, a few procedures on a Google search, but they contradict each other. Anyone know the definitive procedure? 2019 van.
Thanks

Reset?

To solve what issue?

Are we talking about a mechanical, hydraulic reset or the DSG ECU reset?

I think it will adapt over time:
The DSG gearboxes are adaptive and will adjust the way they change gear dependant on driving style, my van can be a real jekyll and hyde depending if me or my wife have been driving as i always give it a foot full and she never does and drives very conservatively
Not sure you can really 'control' how and when the box changes, its memory can be wiped/reset but that just starts the 'learning' process again and it will relearn its shift parameters and start adjusting to the current driving style again but chances are you will end up with shift patterns extremely similar to what they are now, my DSG has been 'relearned' a few times and always ends up with quite similar results

It will, but there is a reset procedure, so I’m hoping someone knows what that is. It has 13000 miles on it, so I’d rather just reset it.
Thanks

I’ve always thought the learning aspect of dual clutch boxes was b@llocks, it’s more what you do with your right foot at that moment that dictates my gearbox behaviour

Reactions: mmi
IIRC it's; turn on ignition, hold the throttle to the floor without starting, wait 30 seconds, release and turn off the ignition.

IIRC it's; turn on ignition, hold the throttle to the floor without starting, wait 30 seconds, release and turn off the ignition.

yes. I also found some info that said you should not turn off ignition after the wait, but go straight to start. How do you know it’s done it?
Thanks

The memory only adapts for last 500 miles of driving so doesn’t take long

The memory only adapts for last 500 miles of driving so doesn’t take long
Ahh, so it’s not an amalgamation of all previous history? That makes sense.

I’ve tried ign on, 30 sec accelerate, ign off, and straight to start. There was talk of a ‘click’, but I get no visual or audible signal.

oh well. Was more out of curiosity than necessity,

Might be heading to Bognor at some point soon for a DSG remap as the pickup out of a junction is terrible. Everything else about the box is fine so far, but that delay when trying to get out of a busy junction sucks.

was curious if a reset changed this aspect.
Thanks

Ahh, so it’s not an amalgamation of all previous history? That makes sense.

I’ve tried ign on, 30 sec accelerate, ign off, and straight to start. There was talk of a ‘click’, but I get no visual or audible signal.

oh well. Was more out of curiosity than necessity,

Might be heading to Bognor at some point soon for a DSG remap as the pickup out of a junction is terrible. Everything else about the box is fine so far, but that delay when trying to get out of a busy junction sucks.

was curious if a reset changed this aspect.
Thanks
I stick mine in sport mode if I need a quick exit from a junction. Seems a bit sharper.

I stick mine in sport mode if I need a quick exit from a junction. Seems a bit sharper.
Thanks, I’ll try.
If I’m too heavy with the peddle it spins the front wheels. Just getting used to it really. Still gives me a massive smile though....

Back