DSG oil leak from NEW!

Vanda

T6 Pro
Hi
Just spotted a few patches of oil on my drive. Had a look under the van tonight and noticed there is oil dripping from the DSG box area. The oil is clean so guessing it’s not the engine. After a run it leaves an oil patch about 10cm wide.
The van is now 2 weeks old with about 400 miles on the clock.
I’m of course going to be in contact with Listers tomorrow!
Anyone else experienced a DSG leak from new?
Thanks

I have heard of this once before, the dealer dropped the gearbox and replaced a simple seal.

Van got picked up today after being inspected by VW assistance. They asvised not to drive the van as not sure how much oil has actually escaped. The subframe was wet with oil and the bottom of the DSG casing was dripping.
All this after only 2 weeks old and 481 miles. What a beaut!!
I’m hoping it’s not damaged the DSG.
If it invloves a major repair like dropping the gearbox and replacing major components/seals I’m not going to be happy.
We’ll see.

I just had mine repaired for this all they said was a seal between engine and gear box, to be honest mine never dripped i only noticed it as i was looking underneath no idea how long its been doing it or how much oil i had lost but the van is now 18mnths old on about 15000 miles

I have the same, from new. Back to vw and they have ordered a new screw that needs bonding in

Hi goddy. I heard back from VW Listers today. They also said there’s a bolt at the top of the casing causing the leak. They have to order a new bolt like you’ve said and use epoxy to seal in place. Wait 24hrs for it to bond and then they’ll do a test drive.
I’ll ask them how they are going to measure how much oil has been lost, as if it’s low it will need replenishing. Apparently there’s not dip test on the DSG as it’s filled from the sump whilst running the gearbox.

They fill it with a measured amount after first draining it..

Hi goddy. I heard back from VW Listers today. They also said there’s a bolt at the top of the casing causing the leak. They have to order a new bolt like you’ve said and use epoxy to seal in place. Wait 24hrs for it to bond and then they’ll do a test drive.
I’ll ask them how they are going to measure how much oil has been lost, as if it’s low it will need replenishing. Apparently there’s not dip test on the DSG as it’s filled from the sump whilst running the gearbox.
Thanks Vanda, its going back in tomorrow

I have a similar problem on a 2 week old T6 with DSG box and 489 miles on the clock. Vehicle supplied by Listers Droitwich, and just left with my local VW centre to investigate...

Seems to be all fixed. Mine also from Droitwich. They replaced the top bolt and sealed with epoxy.

oh "like expoy",

I use expoy for glue ups, its crazy strong, and helpful on bent veneers that need more time for laying.

But couldn't imagine it being used on a warranty claim in an engine/transmission area.

hopefully they used a sealant that will allow them to get the bolt off in the future, if need.

good to see it fixed

I have a similar problem on a 2 week old T6 with DSG box and 489 miles on the clock. Vehicle supplied by Listers Droitwich, and just left with my local VW centre to investigate...
Get it sorted? I took mine back for an inspection - all sorted now

Same problem as others. They said a “breather bolt” on the top of the gearbox needed replacing and gluing in position. A known fault apparently. Really frustrating to have an issue straight out the factory.

After 3000 miles the same problem has come back. VW have advised a new DSG gearbox :eek:. The fix they advised seems to be insufficient (may just be specific to my case).

After 3000 miles the same problem has come back. VW have advised a new DSG gearbox :eek:. The fix they advised seems to be insufficient (may just be specific to my case).

These things happen unfortunately, don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the van too much. :cool:

Back