Dsg oil and filter change

Thanks @buchanan84 . I assumed there was, the same as other DSG boxes, as you described. :)

Need to find the part number now - VW or Bosch hopefully. :thumbsup:

Ha ha! Not needed yet. Just doing some research for when the time comes....:thumbsup:
I had mine done at the dealers at 40k miles. They charged about £150 iirc. They had to have it overnight to allow it to drain, or at least that’s what they told me.

Okay, done ;).
Approximately 4.5 litres comes out of the DSG sump plus 1.2 litres out of mechatronics.
Then 6 litres go in of which approximately 0.3 litre comes out during dynamic oil level verification procedure.
So the answer is, DSG unit holds approximately 5.7 litres!
Big thanks to @Dellmassive & @buchanan84 :thumbsup:
Hiya, Just out of curiosity, did you change the DSG oil filter at the same time?. Its a bstard to get to so was just wondering.

Hiya, Just out of curiosity, did you change the DSG oil filter at the same time?. Its a bstard to get to so was just wondering.
Yes I did, but it is much easier than it appears to be. I used two long extensions together and got it loosen from the top and then I undid the rest by hand from the bottom. There is enough space behind the steering rack.

Reactions: mmi
Yes I did, but it is much easier than it appears to be. I used two long extensions together and got it loosen from the top and then I undid the rest by hand from the bottom. There is enough space behind the steering rack.

Ok thanks, I just couldn't get decent purchase on it to get the first turn in. which way did you get to it initially?, via the left hand side of the engine bay (as you look at it) and behind the exhaust or right hand side, between the brake pipes and the oil cooler pipes. (CFXA Engine, 150HP)

Every 60,000 kms
Hi Loz
I wonder if you can help me please? I've a Cali, 4 years old and only 20k miles. I've seen conflicting info on dsg oil change. 40k miles according to the service schedule you helpfully posted. However I've also seen 3 years written down in various posts. I've just had a service at VW and they didn't say it needed a DSG oil change yet. I imagine there must be quite a few camper van owners with less than 40k at 3 years. Do you think it's OK to run it to 40k if it takes 5 or 6 years? Thanks, stephen

Attachments

• Service_scedule_additional.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 56
6ltrs volume Dsg oil and filter - 40k 3yrs (6ltrs)

Engine is off. Do not start engine!
Unscrew oil drain plug -3-.
Unscrew oil level pipe -1- and allow oil to run out
Renew oil seal -2-.
Screw in oil level pipe -1- hand-tight

Observe screw-in depth
Unscrew oil drain plug -arrow- of mechatronic unit.
A further approx. 1.2 litres of oil will run out
Renew oil seal -arrow- of bolt.
– Fit new seal onto oil drain plug -arrow- of mechatronic unit,
and screw in oil drain plug to specified torque

Before opening, shake bottles containing dual clutch gearbox oil
Screw adapter -A- from adapter for oil filling - VAS 6262 Ahand-tight into inspection hole.
– Fill 6.0 litres of oil.

Hold the bottle upside down higher than the gearbox, with hose
connected and tap open, to allow the oil to run out of the bottle
and into the gearbox.

View attachment 39776

T6 Service Intervals & Inspection, Flexible & Longlife

Very useful info - thanks for posting

Hi all, I've just read this thread with interest as I'm pretty new to the T6, my service schedule has just flashed up on my 2017 204 DSG with approx 26k miles on... My question is as I tow a 2 ton caravan with my baby would there be any benefit to giving my DSG a preventative oil change at the same time... also although a little off topic but would an oil cooler help for keeping the dsg in good shape also?

Hi all, I've just read this thread with interest as I'm pretty new to the T6, my service schedule has just flashed up on my 2017 204 DSG with approx 26k miles on... My question is as I tow a 2 ton caravan with my baby would there be any benefit to giving my DSG a preventative oil change at the same time... also although a little off topic but would an oil cooler help for keeping the dsg in good shape also?
Won’t hurt doing a oil change and filter especially if you know you load it quite a bit with towing

Don't know what the vw system does, a mate looked it up on his autodata software which gives him service instructions on pretty much all cars, briefly talked me through it, so from memory... Drain, then fill until is running back out (i.e. Level with the tip of part 1 in the description above) then start engine and run through the gears, P, N, D, S. Pausing a second on each one (not actually moving but moves the fluid through the different areas of the gearbox) then recheck the level, top top until running back out (can't 100% remember if this last part was while running but don't think so)

Will see if I can get him to print his info as could be useful for those without the vw software

I don't have access to vcds in Australia to confirm oil level.. is it okay to fill up my DSG until the oil starts running back out as above?

Back