Customising DSG gear lever selector & gaiter

Deaky

Life’s too short to drink shite beer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Anyone know how to? I've tried pulling the button out on the side but that's really no help. I can't see how the gaitor can be removed without taking off the knob?

Anyone know how to? I've tried pulling the button out on the side but that's really no help. I can't see how the gaitor can be removed without taking off the knob?
I can't help I'm afraid but I'm intrigued in why you're doing it

Hi. Trying to do this and I am stuck. Have followed the instructions on the PDF and pulled the knob out and removed the clip but nothing happening!
Now pulled the knob a bit too far and it has come out which appears to be a bad thing.
Any ideas!!

image.jpg

If I put it back in it works but isn’t latching -ie i can select gears but the button pops out! Not sure if I’ve broken something

Mine kept sticking in, (nothing to do with me sir :whistle:) so i had the it replaced under warranty but i was told if you pull it out it is not a warranty claim as it will not go back in and work properly . It comes as a complete unit. stick and gaiter

Hmm. That’s what I thought. How do I get the gaiter off with stick? Daft thing is I’ve done my dash upgrade without removing it in the end. Doh.

Hmm. That’s what I thought. How do I get the gaiter off with stick? Daft thing is I’ve done my dash upgrade without removing it in the end. Doh.

I did not remove the leather as it was all one unit. It must separate from the stick tho, as i have seen people that have replaced it with alcantara ?

Sorry what I mean is how do I remove the whole sag gear knob gaiter assembler as one?

Sorry what I mean is how do I remove the whole sag gear knob gaiter assembler as one?
From memory, its trapped at the bottom with a plastic surround that's clipped to the main bit with the gear letters on. It's underneath, prise is off and the leather will come free at the bottom. At the top around the lever the gaiter is trapped between a plastic insert and the knob this should just pull off the lever rod and then split the two parts away from each other. You will have to remove the metal clip completely to do this.

Hi all
Drove my DSG last night in the dark for the first time:cool:
All internal switches etc illuminating red light apart from the DSG position light which was white (WTF).
Has anyone changed them to red? Is it possible?

Thanks

Good day From South Africa ,

Can some please help me with removal of gear knob on DSG , I can't find any details on Google how to do it and I don;t want to break it.

Does anyone know if you can just replace the black head section that says ‘DSG’? Believe it could be a leather? - mines slightly worn and would love to swap
It out for gloss black

Back