DSG gear changes

Necessary Jago

VIP Member
Long time peeker first time t6 owner and poster.
First day here for me and it's been a long one.

Picked up second hand 204 4 motion dsg kombi this morning in the pyrénées. Just had big service. Very happy.
Question is... the previous owner said his lady preferred using the s mode for the gear changes. He was a bit heavy footed.

I've found that the box is changing into 6 and 7 as quick as possible so that it's vibrating along in seventh under 80 km per hour. Not a great experience.

I put it into sport and driving sensibly find it much more agréable.

Is this the same for all these boxes in the t6. Just this make up of engine and box or what?

Does that keep your foot down on the accelerator, turn on ignition, wait..... Type reset work?

If this is it. Any recommendations for retune without hitting the mpg anymore. Either France or UK?

The gearbox is adaptive and allegedly ‘learns’ your driving type/style over the last 500 miles or KMs (I not sure which) so you will find it changes slightly but of course for max fuel efficiently the van will want to go into a higher gear to keep the revs lower

The gearbox is adaptive and allegedly ‘learns’ your driving type/style over the last 500 miles or KMs (I not sure which) so you will find it changes slightly but of course for max fuel efficiently the van will want to go into a higher gear to keep the revs lower
Thank you Pauly. Allegedly?
I had a dsg in an audi and it was great. Perhaps aimed less at mpg. I understand the reason as to why it would change down, but to do so that quick means it struggles to push out without dropping down. Big vibrations.

I find ours always wants to change up early then needs extra throttle to make it drop a gear or two if you want acceleration

Back