DSG gear box problems

Daneeyre

T6 Pro
So I've just purchased a caravelle 199 dsg ,picked it up yesterday. 10 months old 1900 miles on the clock. Bought from listers.
After doing a few miles today I've noticed what seems to be gear slippage. Also on uphill starts gears don't engage until giving it quite a bit on the accelerator so it rolls backwards then jolts forward quite aggressively. Also managed to stall it whilst reversing even though its a dsg auto. After spending 40k+ I'm not very happy at all and was wondering if anyone has had any similar issues or if they know what the problem could be. I've emailed them and just want to be armed with something when they try and fob me off.

I think I have witnessed the behaviour on very late T6, the first ones with CXEC engine (199PS). Also the 10 months match with that.

I'm fairly sure that the cure was engine software update (at around end of 2019) but as I had my hands on that van after the fix can't be 100% what the configuration was before. Worth to check if the dealer have missed that.

@Daneeyre
Did you get anywhere with this? I purchased a 199 reg 31/12/18 with 14k on it 2 weeks ago and have been having exactly the same issues. Drive engaged and engine revs up, then a sudden clutch engagement like partially dumping a manual. Also my driveway is on a hill and if I engage drive and put foot on accelerator engine revs, van rolls backwards and then it finally pulls forward. Crapped myself first time this happened.
Reversing on the tiniest incline revs the t*ts off van and then slowly moves. If you let off the gas it starts the whole revving procedure again. Must cause hefty clutch wear!
Disappointed with the dsg as my wife has a tiguan r 150 dsg and that doesn’t have these issues and box drives so much smoother and changes to correct gears for speed/revs.

Mines a 150 17 plate and it does exactly the same, especially in reverse up a hill.

Now I've had the engine remapped
I'm contemplating getting the gearbox remapped to stop it.

Another two done already this week, gearbox mapping is out numbering engine mapping at the moment!

You won't regret it

Another two done already this week, gearbox mapping is out numbering engine mapping at the moment!

You won't regret it

It'll be next year for me unless you fancy doing an evening session for me whilst I'm fully loaded heading home on the 18th mate!

We would love to but we have to login live whilst the germans are online. What the earliest you could be with me?

We would love to but we have to login live whilst the germans are online. What the earliest you could be with me?

We don't land in Newhaven until 9 pm so it'll be too late I reckon mate. Is there a network of installers like Revo?

@Scruffy I'm in a conversation with CLP Tuning near Sheffield, not sure on a recommend yet though as although they are very quick to respond, they are trying to convince me to get a stage 2+ TCU which is more than I need.

Update to the original thread;
There is indeed an ECU update. Mine has just been updated by Vw and only driven back from garage, but 1st gear take off delay has reduced and gear selection seems better.
brake also holding better on a hill and only tinny rollback.

Reactions: mmi
Update to the original thread;
There is indeed an ECU update. Mine has just been updated by Vw and only driven back from garage, but 1st gear take off delay has reduced and gear selection seems better.
brake also holding better on a hill and only tinny rollback.
Mine is now at the garage, when did the latest ecu update come out

Back