DSG engaging wrong gear when braking ?

I had paddle shift on my last van ,you forget they are there when the novelty has worn off .
I have it on the BM and don't use it much but it's fun when I do (but mpg drops to about 15!).

Top Gear aren't very keen on the DSG box in their Edition 6.
I've never liked it either but it clearly suits many.

I'd love a proper slush box like the 7 speed in my last CLK but they need a big torquey motor. For a smaller engine, i.e. 2ltr, DSG has to be a better than a slush box as it won't absorb anything like as much energy. I've just bought an old Freelander auto with the 2ltr BMW diesel to remind myself that a 2 ltr 4 pot isn't so good with a slush box :slow rofl:

They've moved on a lot.

My 8 speed auto is (much) quicker, better on fuel and lower on emissions than the manual.

Yes it's a big engine but it has the same results in the small engined BMs too.

Had the paddle shift for the last 3 years on my 180....Custom vanz fitted that one for me too...£700 cash i paid

Now every time i drop down a hill i automatically knock her up a gear to stop the high revs ....Fantastic and will be one of the first mods on the new van

It is very responsive and can change rapidly.....tap down 2 gears and floor it...Wowzers...Boy racer days aye :D

Simple to change the wheel yourself, plenty on eBay.. 2 clips at the rear to remove the airbag, large torx to remove the wheel bolt, 2 wire push fit connectors and your done

Simple to change the wheel yourself, plenty on eBay.. 2 clips at the rear to remove the airbag, large torx to remove the wheel bolt, 2 wire push fit connectors and your done

i thought the T6 had to be fitted with a module for paddle change and be programed by vcds to work ?

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Markey

i thought the T6 had to be fitted with a module for paddle change and be programed by vcds to work ?

Wasn't the case on my T5 and just worked, All he said was as long as the van has DSG then i will work (which it did) No programming just plug'n'play

I was hoping the T6 would be the same ??

Only thing to watch out for is make sure the Multifunction controls are the same as the wheel on there

I dont think i have seen one fitted to a euro 6 T6 yet as you say the cruise has been moved to the steering wheel now so im not sure if they are a straight swap. The golf R and others vws have the wheels with all the controls on them including paddles so i imagine its not a problem. The new wheels i have looked at thow have the adaptive cruise control button on them which i do not have on mine so whether that causes a problem i dont no, i bet custom vanz will sort it when there euro 6 fleet of vans arrive.

i have adaptive cruise on mine Wheels are expensive
i take it no body has had one done yet

£350 on eBay for a new mk7 wheel with erection space. Swap it yourself and job done. All plug and play apparently.

erection space ? bit rude init
you mean you can swap all buttons and airbag off my old wheel onto same empty wheel with paddles ?
so wheres the erection cum in ?
lol

Back