DSG clutch wear - Please could someone tell me? :) - West wilts

TimT6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
DSG clutch wear - Please could someone tell me? Plus make things work like needle sweep etc... :)

Im just morbidly curious to know how worn out my Clutch is...

Any other quick easy things/nerdy bits of info about the vehicle..

beer tokens etc offered

Cheers

T

Im just morbidly curious to know how worn out my Clutch is...
Let's start collecting data to see if we can extract something useful - please grab and share adaptation and block maps from the DSG controller. Certainly we need find quite a few with different mileages.

How to - just type in "02" into ---> Block maps & Adaptation maps

Sorry @mmi - I did this post because I dont have vcds or similar. Saw that the map had to be taken down due to Gdpr issues (?) At least, that's the gist I got from that page..

I know enough also to know that from what you have said there isnt a simple 'wear indicator' - something I thought there was, perhaps.

Sorry @mmi - I did this post because I dont have vcds or similar. Saw that the map had to be taken down due to Gdpr issues (?) At least, that's the gist I got from that page..

I know enough also to know that from what you have said there isnt a simple 'wear indicator' - something I thought there was, perhaps.
So perhaps it's time for Forum VIP membership - to hire Forum's VCDS tool and do the above by yourself ;) Would give a nice snapshot how things are at the moment - e.g. DPF ash accumulation status.

Unfortunately there indeed is no simple/single wear indicator but I'm assuming adapted/accumulated values will eventually give some good ideas when compared with data from other similar ones. Just need to find a van with fully worn clutch o_O - I'm working on it...:geek:

(Un)fortunately there are almost 500 data values available to get excited about :cool:
1597841845063.png

Ooo.. can I? Nice.
Beer tokens to myself.. sounds like a deal. Lol
I've been teetering the idea for a couple weeks, that offer from you has seriously swayed me into it (I'm not exactly sure I'm in the mood for spending 500quid on vcds atm.. I would barely need it for the time being)
Will do some PayPal trickery later on..

Reactions: mmi
Might be a while yet before a clutch is found fully worn.. never know though.

Reactions: mmi
Clutch anxiety, that’s a new one.
No idea about VCDS or DSG but If I were concerned about a clutch I’d reverse up the steepest hill available with a full load. If no smoke or nasty noises you’re in the clear.

Im not as bothered anymore.
The whole automatic business is a new one to me (as in, actually driving a daily..) and to be in a van with it.. well, lets just say I've chucked myself in the deep end. I know what to look out with when it comes to valve type auto boxes with or without planetary gearing and fluid flywheel (more common in pre 60's..) but the behaviour of the Direct shifting gearbox.. its different.
I dont actually suffer with all the problems i had before (seems to have sorted itself out after an adaption, although, it seems to ride second a lot (and occaisionally like to slam into 2nd, depending on the circumstance.. and its always the same circumstances)) - It comes after going from a car which i managed to get 25k out of a worn clutch that would slip on a hill, to get a 2 year old car, that had the same problem, which i also babied, to this..
Its just the slip it gives in second that just sends my physics side of my brain into a mechanical conumdrum due to knowing it is a wet system and how the frictional wear could occur over time.
It was also part due to my warranty running out and deciding what to do that way as if it was a mechatronic issue, its nearly due an oil change, doing so may mask any failure that may be occuring long enough to be outside of that pre defined warranty period. If the friction material dies, eh, better the devil you know than the devil you dont.
You may have though that if the fiction matrial is of a certain thickness that there may be some sort of sensor these days to let you know at what point the plate may be at - theres so many sensors for anything and everything, for there not to be one, seems to me to be a bit odd.

Back