Dsg 3rd To 2nd Getting Worse

Scruffy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have started to notice the change down from 3rd to 2nd is getting much jerkier. Its a 16 plate 140 Kombi with 84k on the clock, and has just had the 80k service which included a gearbox oil change. From new there would be the occasional "blip" when changing down, and I put this down to the gearbox getting a bit confused about speed, or throttle etc, but its happening more and more.

Any thoughts? Is it the start of something?

Has anyone ever had the adaptions reset on their DSG gearbox? I had it done a couple of times on my old Volvo and it seemed to do the trick. Who would be able to do this? VW or any good garage?

Had mine done several times while troubleshooting a gearbox fault with mine

The van felt ‘different’ after collecting from garage but every time went back to normal after a period of driving

I have started to notice the change down from 3rd to 2nd is getting much jerkier. Its a 16 plate 140 Kombi with 84k on the clock, and has just had the 80k service which included a gearbox oil change. From new there would be the occasional "blip" when changing down, and I put this down to the gearbox getting a bit confused about speed, or throttle etc, but its happening more and more.

Any thoughts? Is it the start of something?

Not that this post helps your exact issue, but I had a very similar problem with an 8 speed ZF box in another well known brand. Ultimately they couldn't fix it at the dealers, the boxes are far too complicated these days. In the end I gave up as clearly they didn't want to pay for a new box. I'd assume a similar story with the dsg.

I'll never buy a car with a fancy gearbox in ever again, just imagine in 5 years time when a load of these cars are out of warranty :eek:

Reactions: DXX
There's similar tales on the Golf R forum. In warranty they get now boxes fitted. One fella traced it to a solenoid in the mechatronic, swapped the mechatronic module and it fixed the issue. There's general chat about modding and VW not honouring warranty on the DSG.

There's similar tales on the Golf R forum. In warranty they get now boxes fitted. One fella traced it to a solenoid in the mechatronic, swapped the mechatronic module and it fixed the issue. There's general chat about modding and VW not honouring warranty on the DSG.

You wouldn't have a link please? I've had a look but i can't be looking in the correct direction.

Back