Drop-in replacement for ceiling interior lights?

YannMcHaggis

T6 TSI 150
VIP Member
T6 Pro
As part of my camper conversion the converters chose to keep the existing internal courtesy lights in the rear (the rocker style ones), which are still wired up to come on when the doors open. This is fine and I'm quite happy to still have this functionality, the only problem is they don't look great! I've just swapped over the bulbs for LEDs all around which is an improvement, but they could still look a lot nicer.

I've been having a look around and I'm surprised that I've not found anyone who makes a drop in, better looking replacement for these - something like a chrome surround and less industrial looking lens would be a big improvement without having to go the full length of changing out fitting points for a different shape aftermarket light.

Has anyone come across anything like this that I've missed? Cheers all

image0 (13).jpeg

Last edited:
They look much smarter just sprayed black. I'll get you a picture tomorrow. They're really easy to take apart too.

Please do, I'd been thinking about trying to spray the surround with chrome paint but was worried it might not come out well, would love to see yours

As part of my camper conversion the converters chose to keep the existing internal courtesy lights in the rear (the rocker style ones), which are still wired up to come on when the doors open. This is fine and I'm quite happy to still have this functionality, the only problem is they don't look great! I've just swapped over the bulbs for LEDs all around which is an improvement, but they could still look a lot nicer.

I've been having a look around and I'm surprised that I've not found anyone who makes a drop in, better looking replacement for these - something like a chrome surround and less industrial looking lens would be a big improvement without having to go the full length of changing out fitting points for a different shape aftermarket light.

Has anyone come across anything like this that I've missed? Cheers all

View attachment 118852
The converter put LEDs in my internal lights, great on gloomy rainy days but terrible for times when you want to relax or have just woken up.

Back