DRL Turn Off

I have factory LED lights, is there a way to switch off DRLs using VCDS / Carista?
Sometimes like to switch the engine on for a few minutes just for peace of mind that the battery is not running flat whilst camping, but even DRL sidelights light up half a campsite.

I have factory LED lights, is there a way to switch off DRLs using VCDS / Carista?
Sometimes like to switch the engine on for a few minutes just for peace of mind that the battery is not running flat whilst camping, but even DRL sidelights light up half a campsite.
I’ve seen the setting in Carista, but haven’t switched it. It may count as an MOT failure nowadays, so bare that in mind.

Some new items are tested during the MOT.
They include checking: daytime running lights on vehicles first used from 1 March 2018.
Source: Gov.UK

@Pauly recently mentioned a setting somewhere that dims or turns the DRLs off whilst the handbrake is applied.. that might suit your needs.

Yes there is an option to turn off DRL when parking brake is active

Cali roofs sometime sag over time when parked up for prolonged periods on campsites, this is usually noticed at night just when your getting into bed. I have had to turn on the ignition to raise the roof which as said lights up the whole campsite and welds whoever may be walking past.
So disabling while the handbrake is on would be a useful addition.

Just been playing about. Setting region to Austrailia and Japan allows you to disable you DRLs in the light menu with Carista app connected to the dongle. Just haven't found a way to put a check box on the MFD yet. Suppose using Carista gives a degree of functionality compared to needing a laptop plugged in.

I have just been doing exactly the same and again no check box!
My reason for turning them off is the same as someone else said, Charging my leisure battery while on a camp site, and didn’t want my headlights on drawing attention to the fact I am a tight ass and didn’t want to pay for a hook up

I have just emailed Carista to see if they can do anything about this in a update, worth a try

I have just been doing exactly the same and again no check box!
My reason for turning them off is the same as someone else said, Charging my leisure battery while on a camp site, and didn’t want my headlights on drawing attention to the fact I am a tight ass and didn’t want to pay for a hook up

How do uou charge ur leisure battery? Dc-dc charger?

How do uou charge ur leisure battery? Dc-dc charger?
I have a 100w solar panel to a Victron energy mppt controller which is great in the summer for off grid camping. Also a Victron mains charger for hook up.
And in the last few weeks I have installed a sterling power battery to battery charger,
Great bit of kit and lots of settings to play with if you are into that.
I only have a small 70Ah leisure battery which is plenty for off grid winter camping with Eberspacher on and fridge with lights for one night.

I have a 100w solar panel to a Victron energy mppt controller which is great in the summer for off grid camping. Also a Victron mains charger for hook up.
And in the last few weeks I have installed a sterling power battery to battery charger,
Great bit of kit and lots of settings to play with if you are into that.
I only have a small 70Ah leisure battery which is plenty for off grid winter camping with Eberspacher on and fridge with lights for one night.

Awsome set up.

I have a Redarc bcdc1240, and made the move to mobile solar . . . . And now fitted solar. Etc 3tc..

Just asked as we had no joy charging up our camping leisure battery's using the Old skool set-of-jumpleads method.

There’s an option to have no DRLs when parking brake is on, will achieve the same as you want and they will come on as soon as you remove handbrake
I've had this done on mine and its great for a bit of stealth charging of my leisure battery.

I'll need to have a look at this tomoz.. it's in the Carista menu right.

Was this through Carista?
As I can’t see that option on mine, I am also currently set to Australia as a region if that makes any difference
With VCDS, I don't have Carista so don't know about that. Mine is also set to Australia, I think most of us are, it's the way you get the large Mp/h speedo

With VCDS, I don't have Carista so don't know about that. Mine is also set to Australia, I think most of us are, it's the way you get the large Mp/h speedo
Oh thanks for that hopefully Carista can add it as a update in the future!

Back