DRL Turn Off

Weird there is an "0" on the switch and I can not turn off the lights.
The laws changed in Europe in 2011 dictating that DRLs be permanent on new vehicles. As VW are still basically using the same switches they just changed the software.
why would you want to drive without any lights on?

No lights are required in France during the day. And call me crazy but I like the idea of actually being able to use the switch that VW installed and that in a sense payed for :D I guess we should be happy they let us switch between radio stations...

Ok so I need some help regarding my light switch. I have 0 / auto / position / lights on. These are the options on the switch. My issue is that the computer is programmed so that I cannot totally turn off the lights. So even when on 0, the position lights are on. Can someone help me get back the lights totally off option via obd11?
Have you tried if disabling DRL functionality satisfies your requirement? Byte 23 bit 6 ==> "0"

No lights are required in France during the day. And call me crazy but I like the idea of actually being able to use the switch that VW installed and that in a sense payed for :D I guess we should be happy they let us switch between radio stations...
VW didn't make the choice to have the DRLs function at position "0", EU legislation made it mandatory in 2011 for all new cars and LCVs to have DRLs so it was Brussels that made your switch the way it is. Why you would want to be less safe on the road is puzzling.

As above, try coding them out. but be informed that it may cause unknown issues legally when it comes to vehicle inspections.

Back