DRL Turn Off

T6 dork

Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
is this the right post to ask a question ?
if so..
can VCDS switch off my DRL's ?? as i hate the colour and cant find any replacement LED's

I have just put these in for the side lights:6 Samsung LED Canbus 501 W5W 194 Sidelight Parking Xenon White VW Passat T4 T5 | eBay
and these for the drl'shttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-TRANSPORTER-T5-T6-XENON-ICE-WHITE-CREE-LED-DRL-BULBS-DAYTIME-RUNNING-LIGHT-/152152828825?fits=Car+Make%3AVW%7CModel%3ATransporter&hash=item236d03eb99:g:IPkAAOSw8gVYB4lf. and I and very pleased with them. Also swopped the Headlamps for Phillips racing extreme (jury is still out on them). Just got to do the fog lamps then I have done away with the halogen yellow.

As you didn't add AONOP (Answers only No Opinions Please) to your original post I will point out that they are a legal requirement on vehicles registered after 2012.

There are a few bits that control DRL operation but I haven't played with them.

What is your use case?

Thanks for the reply, the vehicle is not being used on the road, so the 2012 rule would not apply. If you could assist that would be great.

The vehicle has not arrived yet, it does not even have a chassis number, so it could be any of the above, all i have is this. T32 Panel van Highline LWB EU6 204 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 7sp DS

Im sure there is a tickbox in module 9 to disable them

Handy if your on a campsite and want ignition on for the blower but dont want to light up the site. I tried this with Carista. If I remember right the menu gave me an option to add a check box in the MFD to activate or disable the DRL. But no box appeared. Atleast not with Austarilia selected as region (To allow digital speedo). Not sure if this maybe an option if other regions are selected. I've driven a few 2011 Crafters and they had this option in there MFD. Maybe disabled after 2012, as Loz points out the legality issue.

Yes, 09-23-06 Function “Daytime Running Light (DRL)” active

Thanks for the info, anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this, as i have never done the long coding option.

Just been playing about. Setting region to Austrailia and Japan allows you to disable you DRLs in the light menu with Carista app connected to the dongle. Just haven't found a way to put a check box on the MFD yet. Suppose using Carista gives a degree of functionality compared to needing a laptop plugged in.

For anyone else thinking about doing this, the new MoT regs coming in the effect May 2018 require DRLs to be working for vehicles registered from March 2018 (18 plate) although you obviously don't need to worry about that until your vehicle is three years old!

Back