DRL led bulbs not working T6

Ronno1o

Hi all, I have an early model T6 (65 plate non ad blue). I've bought two different pairs of replacement drl bulbs with bayonet type fittings but no luck in getting any to illuminate.

Original bulbs are "osram 7506 SL" I'm not sure if this is a wattage issue?? but the bulbs I've bought both claim to be t5/t6 compatible and fit perfect into the bayonet fittings.

Any helps appreciated.

Have you tried turning them around in the holder? They are LEDs so are diodes which generally only flow current in one direction.

drl bulbs with bayonet type fittings
1665904524555.png
Do the new "bulbs" illuminate if you feed them "directly" from a battery +12V into the "stud", negative to the shell? What about when reversing the feeds?

Arh - bayonet, didnt read that bit! They’ll only fit one way. My H7s have the capsule type bulbs in the drls so can be turned around!

View attachment 176209
Do the new "bulbs" illuminate if you feed them "directly" from a battery +12V into the "stud", negative to the shell? What about when reversing the feeds?
Thanks for reply, I've not tried powering directly to see if they illuminate but I have bought 2 different sets now so I assume its a problem with the van not the bulbs.

Hi, Im having a similar issue... i replaced the DRL with LED's.. they seemed to work fine for a few hours... now I've a yellow warning light on the dash telling me a bulb is out.

I've tried the origional bulb in and the same issue... Im not very tech Savvy.. is there anyone near me who has the machine to help me with this?

(i ordered some Canbus LED's... can i just swap these across or will i need to have the light taken off first)

Im near to Middlesbrough.. TS23...

Thanks in advance...

Micky.

Will i need to get this plugged into a machine and the warning light removed before i can fit the new LED's?

Thanks

Will i need to get this plugged into a machine and the warning light removed before i can fit the new LED's?

Thanks
No the bulb out warning will reset its self once the faulty/blown bulb is replaced

Ah ok, thanks for your reply. I am confused though... Changed to LED's then the warning light came on and one of the bulbs stopped working... I put original bulbs back in.. warning light remained on and the passenger side bulb is still not working..

How will i get the light of the dash board ? I've been to a local garage and he said he cant do it with his machine ... Its so very confusing

Thanks

Micky

Back