Removal of seat base pocket?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
T6 Legend
Just wondering if the pockets on the seat bases are removable and if so how it’s done. Difficult or easy?

thanks

they do a least they did on mine {2008 t5 } of memory they came off upwards off pins that protrude off metal base just removed 20200704_153002.jpg
20200704_153020.jpg

I pulled outward not up left a clip on as left of photo but needed a good pull to remove hope this helps

Pull away from the base at the bottom then slide up.

@t6 soon, Could you add those pictures to the “Where the clips are” thread?

@t6 soon, Could you add those pictures to the “Where the clips are” thread?

@t6 soon @Grim Reaper good shout - I’ve copied it over.

Hi, hoping some of you in the know might be able to help. I was taking some pictures of my seats for someone that was looking at seat options and I noticed I seem to be missing a seat base pocket. Photo below. I do have one on the passenger side, but the lugs seem to not match other pictures I can find on the internet. I think it's probably a lowered seat base as it's a good 25mm or so lower than the captains chair on the passenger side (that does have a pocket on the base).

So two questions, is it possible to fit a pocket? After all some of the lugs are there. Secondly, where might I find one (nothing showing on ebay unless I want another seat base attached to it).

(edit - I know, it needs a clean!). IMG_4413 2.jpgIMG_4400.jpg

Thanks in advance!IMG_4423.jpg

Hi, hoping some of you in the know might be able to help. I was taking some pictures of my seats for someone that was looking at seat options and I noticed I seem to be missing a seat base pocket. Photo below. I do have one on the passenger side, but the lugs seem to not match other pictures I can find on the internet. I think it's probably a lowered seat base as it's a good 25mm or so lower than the captains chair on the passenger side (that does have a pocket on the base).

So two questions, is it possible to fit a pocket? After all some of the lugs are there. Secondly, where might I find one (nothing showing on ebay unless I want another seat base attached to it).

(edit - I know, it needs a clean!). View attachment 135335View attachment 135336

Thanks in advance!View attachment 135333
Your missing another two pins sticking out along the bottom. Looks like your base has been seriously cut down. I don't thing a pocket would fit.

I did consider this. I assume that both seat bases originally are the same height? Can't quite work out why they wouldn't have removed the lugs if they went to the trouble of cutting down the base.

Hoping someone will know where to get one of these for the passenger side?
5B5D609C-A9AB-448E-9270-38F02771F4E0.jpeg

Back