Driver door Issue [Resolved]

WeeLee

Hi guys, Just bought a T5.1. Not sure if this is a feature or a fault.
When opening the drivers door from either outside or inside, I have to pull the lever twice.
Is this suppose to happen? Is it a setting? Or do i have a misaligned door latch that's catching?
Cheers Lee

Thanks for that. Is it possible to turn it off? I find it annoying to have to pull the lever twice.

Thanks for that. Is it possible to turn it off? I find it annoying to have to pull the lever twice.
You should be able to switch it off, how, depends on your model. On my T5 you did it through the MFD menus. It’s an extra layer of security. You should be able to configure it so that it automatically unlocks the doors when you remove the ignition key. When you switch off the ignition, do you get a message on the dash warning you that “safelock is active”?

I have just tried unlocking and locking with many different combos. In general the system seems to be working, but there are some glitches.
Press Key fob lock once, Safe lock active. Unlock, and need to pull the door handle twice.
Press Key fob lock twice, Safe lock disactivated. Unlock and STILL need to pull the door handle twice???
From inside, with safe lock activated, cannot open using door handle.
From inside, with safe lock disactivated, should be able to open using door handle. This I can do, but it takes THREE pulls to open.
My uneducated guess is, there may be a cable tension issue or slack/play in something.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

I have just tried unlocking and locking with many different combos. In general the system seems to be working, but there are some glitches.
Press Key fob lock once, Safe lock active. Unlock, and need to pull the door handle twice.
Press Key fob lock twice, Safe lock disactivated. Unlock and STILL need to pull the door handle twice???
From inside, with safe lock activated, cannot open using door handle.
From inside, with safe lock disactivated, should be able to open using door handle. This I can do, but it takes THREE pulls to open.
My uneducated guess is, there may be a cable tension issue or slack/play in something.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
I remember a similar post before about this. Maybe worth searching the archives for more info.

Just to update this post.
I have sprayed the latch in the door a couple of times now with lubricant, and the door opens first time every time now.
So it was a fault, and not a feature.

Back