Drive away awning connections

GazGringe

T6 Pro
Looking for advice on awning connections. Got a Kampa Motion Air, travel pod. I love it. Presently using the storm straps and a magnetic strip. However, contemplating fitting a c bar, I think that's what it is called. However, been told that it will spoil the look of the van. Also, any thoughts on Canopies. Can they be removed (brackets) when not in use. So many questions.

We have the same - ours goes under the roof bars too.

Pete

We have the same - ours goes under the roof bars too.

Pete
Hi Pete, I tried fitting with my roof bars but even with their modified feet couldn't get it to sit right. So took the bars off and realised that I actually prefer it without them, so problem solved..... ps- nearly new set of swb Omtec roof bars for sale

I fitted a pre drilled c channel awning rail to our van from funky leisure it needed a bit of trimming as we have a poptop but it works brilliant and can only see it when the roofs up

I fitted a pre drilled c channel awning rail to our van from funky leisure it needed a bit of trimming as we have a poptop but it works brilliant and can only see it when the roofs up
I did exactly that a few weeks ago. Here's some pics with measurements in case it helps. Note, my van is a SWB, and it's a Reimo pop top.

IMG_2568.jpegIMG_2569.jpegIMG_2570.jpegIMG_2572.jpegIMG_2573.jpegIMG_2616.jpegIMG_2619.jpegIMG_2620.jpeg

Note* I ended up trimming the end by an extra 9-10cm to make it fit under the pop top.

I did exactly that a few weeks ago. Here's some pics with measurements in case it helps. Note, my van is a SWB, and it's a Reimo pop top.

View attachment 123110View attachment 123111View attachment 123112View attachment 123113View attachment 123114View attachment 123115View attachment 123116View attachment 123117

Note* I ended up trimming the end by an extra 9-10cm to make it fit under the pop top.
Fair play this looks good. I have a SkyLine pop top. I was concerned that the pop top may not close but looking at this it may. The only problem I will have is there is no hole at the end so will have to use adhesive/sealant. Can you recommend one? Also, who was the supplier to for the c rale. Thank you.

Fair play this looks good. I have a SkyLine pop top. I was concerned that the pop top may not close but looking at this it may. The only problem I will have is there is no hole at the end so will have to use adhesive/sealant. Can you recommend one? Also, who was the supplier to for the c rale. Thank you.
I got my C-rail from Funky Leisure, VW T5/T6 Pre-Drilled C-Channel Awning Rail for Roof Bars
Came via DPD next day delivery in a very long cardboard tube.

They also have a pretty good write-up on different variations you can use: How To Guide - How to Fit a C-Channel Awning Rail Under a VW T5/T6 Elevating Roof

I had to drill a small hole at the back too, it was only a 5-6mm hole but it was nerve racking for a diy numpty like me. Most people on here recommends using Silka flex as a sealant/adhesive. I just used some general purpose adhesive lying around.
Just come back from a weekend trip with the roof up in the rain, and happy to report no leaks so far!

I got my C-rail from Funky Leisure, VW T5/T6 Pre-Drilled C-Channel Awning Rail for Roof Bars
Came via DPD next day delivery in a very long cardboard tube.

They also have a pretty good write-up on different variations you can use: How To Guide - How to Fit a C-Channel Awning Rail Under a VW T5/T6 Elevating Roof

I had to drill a small hole at the back too, it was only a 5-6mm hole but it was nerve racking for a diy numpty like me. Most people on here recommends using Silka flex as a sealant/adhesive. I just used some general purpose adhesive lying around.
Just come back from a weekend trip with the roof up in the rain, and happy to report no leaks so far!

The Reimo rails are great and can be used with the roof up or down. The C type as above for use with roof up. The REIMO ones can also hold a wind out awning if needed.

Cheers,
Ian

Hi mate, screwed and bonded, screws every foot or so, holes predrilled in the rail. The two plastic ends are just bonded.

The Reimo rails are great and can be used with the roof up or down. The C type as above for use with roof up. The REIMO ones can also hold a wind out awning if needed.

Cheers,
Ian
I can’t bring myself to drill holes in the van yet :uh run:

Back