Dpf filter light on

i have 6000 mile on my van t28 102 remapped to 150 i have done small trips this week as working local, my dpf has poped up on the dash has anyone come across this at this low of milage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure they something like a 20min drive in a lower gear than normal to burn all the crap off

Sticker inside the windscreen tells you what to do. Without checking, driving for 20 mins at 40mph or something like that should do it.

Havent got any stickers on mine, book says 43mph for 15mins went a dual carrage way i got by mine and set it at 45 on cruise to get revs high beetween 2 25, light wasnt on the dash the morning but took it for a good run anyway

No sticker here, but dealers briefed me on the DPF when I picked the van up. I do 35 miles each way to work everyday on a dual carriageway, so not expecting the light to come on.

I must admit.......despite not having the warning sticker, I do tend to hold mine in 3rd and 3000rpm up a mile long drag near me a couple of times a week. I also use premium fuel and an additive.......who knows just exactly what good that does though?

I must admit.......despite not having the warning sticker, I do tend to hold mine in 3rd and 3000rpm up a mile long drag near me a couple of times a week. I also use premium fuel and an additive.......who knows just exactly what good that does though?
I'd be pretty sure all three of those items only help; along with a decent 3000rpm run (20miles ish now and again)

I too have the sticker and hold in 3rd a bit longer once a week on a hill by me. It's important when doing that though that the engine is warm or else it won't have desired effect.

No sticker on mine . . . . but the lights just come on!!

suppose all that city driving with stop/start on all day doesn't help the DPF.

off for a duel carriage way drive we go . . . . =]

Back