Double swivel with factory leisure battery

Hcooper

Looking at installing a double swivel on the passenger side. The only problem is I have the factory leisure battery fitted, does anyone have any experience with this? Can’t find a swivel that works for this situation and I’m not sure how big a job it would be to move the battery/electrics elsewhere.

This looks suitable but I'm not sure when it will be released :

That’s great, thanks. I’ve asked for confirmation, could save me a lot of faff.

Did you get an answer back from Vankraft on where they're at with the double swivel? It may be just what I need as well.

I did, they currently don’t have any as they kind find any skilled workers in the area to manufacture them.

Sums up the state of the country that they can't find a decent welder/fabricator nearby to employ. They aren't that far from the motor sports hub of the world, they must all be getting better money elsewhere.

I relocated the factory second battery to under the drivers seat. It was pretty easy to be honest.
Everything out of the cab then put all the connector plugs in the groove under the mat and run the battery cables down the centre tunnel groove and divert under drivers instead of passenger seat. All the wires come up through the split in the mat under the seat. Relocate the earth cables to the factory earth point under the drivers seat.
Put mat back down and install Kiravans swivel base.
I’ve never done a van before and this was my first job and it was easy.A8996E56-2CAC-40CB-A2DA-AC821EA77215.jpeg4F40AB65-6AAA-4252-B332-5EB75E8F887C.jpeg0C43B708-C185-4C09-8DFB-C52976E8C44F.jpeg89BF89D4-F5A1-45EA-B20D-C663FB352408.jpegC5F03502-6008-4739-AD9F-EA34B803A565.jpeg

That’s good to know, I had thought about that. Given me some inspiration now, thanks. What’s the reason for the CTEK charger?

That’s good to know, I had thought about that. Given me some inspiration now, thanks. What’s the reason for the CTEK charger?
If you want decent battery charging you need a dcdc charger. The factory split charger is crap.

What @rover220 said. Martin at travelvolts sells a premade wiring loom that just plugs into the original wiring and gives all the connections for the ctek. It was a life saver for about £30. I’d have been sunk without that. Literally plug and play.

Back