Door speaker rings/adapters

lune1178

VIP Member
I have some Audison Voce 6.5” speakers to fit in front doors and realise I’m going to need some adapter rings. I’ve deadened the door (outer, inner and card); do I just stick with some plastic rings I have kicking around, or is it worth getting some MDF rings and if so any recommendations on where to purchase? Thanks in advance

More info here

Thanks Dellmassive, a useful post I’ve already been referring to. I’m covered on the installation/deafening and have skinz waterguard etc to prevent water issues, just didn’t see anything specific in reference to whether mdf rings worth going for and peoples recommendations/experiences. Cheers

Gotcha.

Most audio installers go for MDF rings.

Plastic are available and cheaper, but may vibrate.

Thanks Dellmassive, a useful post I’ve already been referring to. I’m covered on the installation/deafening and have skinz waterguard etc to prevent water issues, just didn’t see anything specific in reference to whether mdf rings worth going for and peoples recommendations/experiences. Cheers
Won't the 6.5in Voce speakers fit without rings in a T6?

The magnet will sit too far back. And the window will hit it.(probably)

Check fitment with the window down.

Thanks, I think I’ll just order some ones and then I’m prepared. I guess the ring will bring it a bit more forward towards the card, as even if they fit without adapters they’d have quite a gap.

Thanks, I think I’ll just order some ones and then I’m prepared. I guess the ring will bring it a bit more forward towards the card, as even if they fit without adapters they’d have quite a gap.
My worry with the MDF rings is the amount of dampness and how well mdf copes. I used plastic rings covered in dynamat. But in a 6.1 the inner door skin is plastic.

Last edited:
Yes. The rings I received were painted and sealed with a PVA wash by the looks of them. (Or a lacqure)

Either way they appear to we somewhat moisture resistant.

Yes. The rings I received were painted and sealed with a PVA wash by the looks of them. (Or a lacqure)

Either way they appear to we somewhat moisture resistant.
Hi There just seen ur post but cannot find any suppliers of the mdf rings -can you pls remember where you purchased from ? Many thx. Mark

To clarify. The ones I’ve seen are not just circular rings …… they had substantial ‘ irregular’ flanges machined into the shape which looked like it offered a vastly improved solution !

Back