Door Sill Protector unsticking

Tommy

T6 Guru
Hi all

Just sticking some bits and pieces to van and one door sill hasn't stuck very well. The bottom is ok but top (either side) not very good, can anyone suggest best way to secure down as don't want to buy anything that might make hard to remove at later date if required

Thanks

Thanks Fish, they’ve all come loose already. There are some screws for the larger plate, might sound a daft question but do I drill pilot hole or just screw straight into floor t secure

Thanks Fish, they’ve all come loose already. There are some screws for the larger plate, might sound a daft question but do I drill pilot hole or just screw straight into floor t secure

I always pilot metal work unless the are tex screws. May I asked if you cleaned the area before sticking?. As 3M tape should be adequte for cill protectors?.

Yes I went round and washed/cleaned areas then dried, 2no aren’t too bad just 1 has come real loose on ends where there were short bits of tape only

Hi Guys

I want to fit door entry sill protectors that have self tapping screw do they tap just into the plastic or do they also screw into the metal work.

Not exactly interior but not exactly exterior either...

I am strangely tempted by these. I say strangely because part of me thinks they could look ghastly.

Anybody got 'em? Yay or Nay?

s-l1600.jpg

Not exactly interior but not exactly exterior either...

I am strangely tempted by these. I say strangely because part of me thinks they could look ghastly.

Anybody got 'em? Yay or Nay?

View attachment 83682
They serve a purpose...but once door shut no one can see them....years ago wife got in my brand new car ...forgot high heel + metal tips...
the air was very blue.... so big Yah :thumbsup:

Hi guys. Doea anyone have genuine vw part number for these sill protectors. Have tried tps and keep getting black sticker ones.

Screenshot_20210202-201619_Samsung Internet.jpg

ZGB7H0072001Door Entry Guards - Plastic
7E007131019ADoor Entry Guards - Film

You are a legend. Will get back onto tps tomorrow and get right ones.....thanks alot

Not sure, I would think so as it’s the same chassis/body but not 100%

Morning All,

I'm looking at options for protecting my side steps from being scratched.
Van X do the stainless protectors which look great.

But my issue/question is. The corners are the main areas seemingly more susceptible to scratches etc.
The protectors only cover the central area.
Is there a tape or other product anyone has come across that might help here?

Maybe a bit similar to the clear tape looking product you see on the lower wheel arches or similar.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

Even the factory stainless inserts don't cover more than the main flat area and leave the ends vulnerable to scratching. I know I've got them on all but the rear threshold.

Don't go to price the OEM ones unless you take smelling salts with you!

Back