Door Seal - replacing the originals or adding a 2nd?

Murdoch

Electrician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
apologies for another thread on this subject, but I see these are not on the forum shop ATM.

When members fit these, are they replacing the originals or adding a 2nd, and do they help reduce noise?

Thanks

The are in addition to the original door seals....

They are a cheaper stick-on version of the OEM caravel/cali version second door seal that are factory fitted.

Door with....

20190901_170721.jpg

Door without......

20190901_170735.jpg

The original seal is on the body..

Hi

I fitted them to ours, also set included trim that fits & fills the gap between dash & windscreen, I wouldn’t say either make a real difference to road noise that I could detect.
However for the minimal cost outlay, I would say worth doing, doors sound much more solid on closing, also the seals seem to stop road dirt entering the gap at front of door in the lower area, which now keeps door shut clean.

Cheers

I’d agree too, makes no difference to road noise but does keep dirt out better and the doors shut with more thunk and less like a tin can

Where is the start and end point for the new seal, please..? I have rubber..

apologies for another thread on this subject, but I see these are not on the forum shop ATM.

When members fit these, are they replacing the originals or adding a 2nd, and do they help reduce noise?

Thanks

It was one of the first mods I did on my T5 Kombi, prior to any other sound proofing, and I thought it did make a difference to be honest but that may be the placebo effect, it was very agricultural sounding! It did all the other things mentioned well too.

Where is the start and end point for the new seal, please..? I have rubber..

Pants?

If so around the waist and each leg.

Back off topic and I find people can still hear my wind despite the extra seals... which end at the top of either side of the door window top horizontal... just about pulled it back there.

Thanks
Do it you will be surprised

Ordered, delivered and now fitted - a really easy job to do - wish I'd done it ages ago.

Begs a question on a top of the range van, why this isn't fitted along with proper sound proofing!

Hi

I fitted them to ours, also set included trim that fits & fills the gap between dash & windscreen, I wouldn’t say either make a real difference to road noise that I could detect.
However for the minimal cost outlay, I would say worth doing, doors sound much more solid on closing, also the seals seem to stop road dirt entering the gap at front of door in the lower area, which now keeps door shut clean.

Cheers
I did as above last week for £19ish and had my first run today. Can't say I have noticed any difference re road noise as the van rattles anyway on our super roads!!!!! They where easy to fit and the window one will stop crap dissapearinginto the abyss.:)

Ok, after a weekend of pondering I had a bash with the strip of rubber but given the complete absence of sense on here, I screwed up and have now ordered another pair. So thanks for nothing, really.

If you can’t stick a strip of rubber around your door with all the pictures and mentions on here don’t blame us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, after a weekend of pondering I had a bash with the strip of rubber but given the complete absence of sense on here, I screwed up and have now ordered another pair. So thanks for nothing, really.

Odd response

I found a very useful tutorial on YouTube !

A simple use of the search function throws up this
Dust seal

Back