Door Seal Rust

Interesting - the passenger side on ours has just failed and as the van is due a service it's been mentioned when booking in for early August. VW Van centre in Edinburgh. I'll report back in due course.
Hi ..just curious how you got on VW edin. VW kdy wont change mine under warranty. Said its wear n tear when getting in/out of van.

20200228_095756.jpg

Apologies. Forgot. Yes, all changed without question. Mind you, the drivers side is still ok and they weren't for changing 'just in case' that while the van was with them. Fair enough I suppose.

Apologies. Forgot. Yes, all changed without question. Mind you, the drivers side is still ok and they weren't for changing 'just in case' that while the van was with them. Fair enough I suppose.
Thanks for replying. Think I've been unlucky with the dealership.

Yes, my local VW “CAR” dealer said they would only do it if I paid for it.. Rang the van centre they did it no quibble,, but further to travel but saved 150 quid. Took them about 30 mins. Have a ring around. Take it your vans still under 3 years old.

Yes, my local VW “CAR” dealer said they would only do it if I paid for it.. Rang the van centre they did it no quibble,, but further to travel but saved 150 quid. Took them about 30 mins. Have a ring around. Take it your vans still under 3 years old.
Hi thanks and yes it's a 2018.

I have a 2017 shuttle (out of warranty) and apart from the passenger side door, the drivers side and the two sliding door seals look similar to the photo from PoNvs above! Are they easy to fit new ones? Where are people buying them? Looks like you can get them on fleabay for around £40 per door.

Can anyone tell me what this rubber is called or apart number as I need to replace the one on my drivers side. Thanks

Can anyone tell me what this rubber is called or apart number as I need to replace the one on my drivers side. Thanks

I think they are as follows:

WEATHERSTRIP RUBBER SEAL

Front Door Seal

Driver Side

7E0837912B

7H0837912B

Left

7E0837911B

7H0837911B

Right /Left sliding door

7E0843791B

7E0843792

I'm fairly sure the codes are (but please check) as follows:
Driver Side

7E0837912B

7H0837912B

I think the reason for the 2 part numbers are due to the T5 and T6, but other more experienced folk on here will know better. If you do a quick search on ebay you'll come up with something like this: VOLKSWAGEN VW TRANSPORTER (03-15) MK5 MKV T5 FRONT DOOR SEAL FREE DHL EXPRESS | eBay

This has a good diagram showing the seal attaching to the body, but says T5!

This is where I got the two part numbers from above:

RIGHT FRONT DOOR WEATHERSTRIP RUBBER SEAL FOR VW TRANSPORTER T5 / T6 2003+ | eBay

Recently booked my van into LIVERPOOL VW VAN CENTRE, both drivers and front passenger door seals split and rusted, van still within warranty. Was asked what the van was in for and before I had finished explaining was told in no uncertain terms it was not covered under warranty and was caused by ‘External Influences ’. I asked them what they meant by this term, but no one could offer an explanation apart from repeating themselves. I told them I was aware it was a common reported fault, which I considered to be either a poor design or manufacturing fault. They shook their heads and told me, they couldn’t carry out the repair unless authorised by VW. I contacted Customer Services and was told they couldn’t authorise unless the dealership examined the seals and confirmed they needed replacing. I refused to move until the van was examined. Three hours later I was told the seals needed replacing and that they had them in stock, the dealership was just waiting for VW to authorise their replacement. Another half hour went by to be finally called to the Service desk. At this moment in time I genuinely believed the replacement would be carried out. To my astonishment I was told VW had refused to replace the seals under warranty, and if I wanted them replacing they could be done there and then at a cost of £244. A few words were spoken and I left the dealership. I made another call to Customer Services later that day asking for a detailed explanation, as I was disgusted with their decision. During the course of this conversation, I was told that they hadn’t made the decision and that it had been the Manager of the dealership, as the cost would have to come out of his budget. Customer Services stated that although vehicles were covered by VW warranties they could not force dealerships to carry out the work. They suggested driving around several other dealerships to see if they would honour the warranty or suggested telephoning ahead to avoid disappointment. The whole situation of warranty claims seems farcical with dealerships adopting the attitude of swallow my old John Thomas and not honouring them. I have since sought legal advice with a view of proceeding through the Small Claims Court.Where this will get me I honestly don’t know.

Last edited:
RRP £60.66 + vat
Not sure what the difference is between the two for the left side, would need to run the PR codes and compare (circled in red)

Capture.PNG

Thanks Pauly. I may call VW Commercial to see whether they’re still open and would post one out to me. :thumbsup:

Just had my drivers door seal replaced by JCT600 in Sheffield, done under warranty for free
Will be stepping over it, rather than on it from now on

Back