Domestic hob and sink Question

Bazaboy66

T6 Pro
Is it possible to mod the brackets at all so I can get the left glass cover to come up slightly less to match the sink cover to get in line?

A8593A52-1F79-4CC7-9463-D387EABF0B9C.jpeg

Can t you just slightly elongate the hole in the bracket.

Then use a washer to cover the slot..

That way you should be able to lift the left lid up a bit.

Screenshot_20220116-133456_Chrome.jpg

I did think about adding a thick slash back at the rear of both the hob and the sink so they both come up together in line.

3D69C666-B872-44DC-8860-31C2FB1A9C78.jpeg

It’s going to be a compromise or a clever bodge to rectify the placement that stops both panels coming up together.

I had a CAN unit with the same issue. Ended up rejecting it and sending it back to Vangear who replaced it with a Dometic with much more sturdy brackets, not like yours though.
Wondering if supply issues are affecting the factories......

If that’s Dometic / SMEV be careful with the brackets as any damage to the plating will allow them to rust (they are crap).
They also cost £40 each if you want to replace them.
You could remove the sink and put a stopper on the curved hinge under the sink surface where it will be out of sight.

If that’s Dometic / SMEV be careful with the brackets as any damage to the plating will allow them to rust (they are crap).
They also cost £40 each if you want to replace them.
You could remove the sink and put a stopper on the curved hinge under the sink surface where it will be out of sight.
I’m going to try some sort of stopper underneath. It’s a tricky one as the bracket goes into a closed area which isn’t easy accessible

Can you get hold of the rubber hinge cover that goes on the sink section and add it to the gas side?

I know right!! My ocd is going mental with some of the bits I need to sort out. All will get sorted in the long run.

Reactions: mjn
I had a CAN unit with the same issue. Ended up rejecting it and sending it back to Vangear who replaced it with a Dometic with much more sturdy brackets, not like yours though.
Wondering if supply issues are affecting the factories......
This is a domestic. It’s just the setting position of the hob sink unit not placed well originally and not a quality fault of the sink/hob. Just trying to resolve due to one side stopping on the panel and the other going through the window panel

Here’s a couple of photos of the Dometic hinges, be careful with your fingers…..they go off like a mouse trap!

5A1CE021-D5A8-4EB3-A873-6320E0994283.jpeg

F30D164E-3757-4C32-828C-3C08D6210A8F.jpeg

Back