Dog vs Carpet

Spencer54

T6 Pro
So white dog vs Black Shuttle carpet resulted in a 2 hour hoovering session.

I need a solution to help with the state it gets in from the dog and from general camping mess - shaving the dog is not an option apparently.

I was toying with the idea of removing the rear carpet, but would I need to ply line and then use a Altro/safety flooring covering?
Is there a protector you can get for the Shuttle?

Could I get a rubber floor from a Kombi and go over the top with that?

Any ideas appreciated.

A loop of sticky-side-out gaffer tape around your fingers gets the hairs out. Then use decorators, self-adhesive clear carpet protector.

Flip flops. The rubber sole is ace for this. Or a pair of converse. we do this to great effect for cat hairs.

Hi ...thought about carpet mats ... cut them to shape ...when dirty take out and brush off :)

71CB40E5-D6A1-4229-86AC-6E5A51C99BA0.jpeg

I can just cope sharing the van with my partner, we move like a shoal of fish avoiding bumping into each other and most of the time avoiding banging our heads on the van.
Add a hairy beast to the equation and I’d have to put the van on Autotrader or the dog on Gumtree....mmm

Liking the ideas for getting it out - but this dog molts like crazy, so more prevention than cure needed.
Shaving the dog isn't going to fly nor bathing in Immac.

Seat covers I can get, its just the carpet that's getting hammered.

I'll have a go with the brush, tape flipflop ideas anyway!

When I read the title I thought it was going to be a lot messier than a bit of hair on the carpet!

Liking the ideas for getting it out - but this dog molts like crazy, so more prevention than cure needed.
Shaving the dog isn't going to fly nor bathing in Immac.

Seat covers I can get, its just the carpet that's getting hammered.

I'll have a go with the brush, tape flipflop ideas anyway!
I feel your pain, we’ve got a Labrador and it is stunning how much hair she produces, it wrecked the interior of our last car.

In my Shuttle I bought a cheap carpet which I have laid over the factory carpet and cut around all the seats, it was £22 as a temporary fix which has worked pretty well.

I’ve also built a crate for the dog, just temporary so far and this has worked brilliantly, the sides stop most the of hair getting in to the boot and cleaning has become far easier. I will probably make a tidier crate and line it with automotive type carpet so it blends in better.
A04666A8-B5FB-4BCD-9B90-F3CA47F6DB6F.jpeg

I had the same issue and it drove me crazy. So I got the rear carpet covered with lino. Tucked it in under side panels and under the tie down and under seat brackets and with the 2nd row seats usually in it's not going anywhere. Oh my dog is it easy to clean after a trip out Screenshot_20200715_200624.jpg

I had the same issue and it drove me crazy. So I got the rear carpet covered with lino. Tucked it in under side panels and under the tie down and under seat brackets and with the 2nd row seats usually in it's not going anywhere. Oh my dog is it easy to clean after a trip out View attachment 77650

I think this is what I need to achieve - and that went straight over the carpet?

I think this is what I need to achieve - and that went straight over the carpet?
Yeah as I wanted to leave the carpet in for its noise reduction as its good and thick underfoot. I hoovered the carpet a zillion times and it was as clean as it could be. Removed seats, the seat brackets on the floor the mounts come off, removed tie and rear threshold. Your left with a template for the holes. It was done in the van with a Stanley knife. Then tucked edges tucked under the bottom of shuttle panels and under side step and even under front seats. If it lasts a year and I have to replace it I know it will be easy to remove and it was a cheap durable option. Went to the beach last weekend with 2 air mattresses in the back and it was a great job to hoover out when I got back. Screenshot_20200716_115845.jpgScreenshot_20200716_115932.jpgScreenshot_20200716_114743.jpgScreenshot_20200716_114836.jpgIMG_20200715_204035.jpgScreenshot_20200716_115845.jpgScreenshot_20200716_115932.jpgScreenshot_20200716_114743.jpgScreenshot_20200716_114836.jpgIMG_20200715_204035.jpg

Back