Does T6 have vehicle tracker as standard

Owain

T6 Pro
I have a t6 with the spec (can't remember term trendline, somethingline).

Does the vehicle have a tracker fitted as standard, but its just not enabled by VW unless you pay?

I find it wierd that the VW satnav seems to "know" of delays/congestion. So i suspect vehicle has a data connection.

Am i correct, otherwise what's the best option.

Seems to have been a spate of thefts in our area recently. So just ordered a steering lock off amazon; but tracker maybe good idea.

No... No tracker in any model.

It's fitted after delivery if needed.

The T6.1 has a SOS safety feature that has a Sim card and data link, but that different.

The T6 satnav uses RDS-TMC for traffic information.

It's sent over FM broadcasts.

It's not as accurate as Google maps that uses a live data connection.... But it's good enough for long jams.

Screenshot_20211212-110757_Chrome.jpg

Take a look here for more info....

No... No tracker in any model.

It's fitted after delivery if needed.

The T6.1 has a SOS safety feature that has a Sim card and data link, but that different.

The T6 satnav uses RDS-TMC for traffic information.

It's sent over FM broadcasts.

It's not as accurate as Google maps that uses a live data connection.... But it's good enough for long jams.

View attachment 138839

Great explanation! Spot on

I'm not naming the seller but I was sold my 2021 model VW T6.1 has having a tracker built in by VW. A lot of people think that's true, but I contacted Vw and here's their responce. Disappointed but glad I've find out. My insurance is coming up for renewal and I nearly said on the insurance form yes MY van has a tracker, that would render my insurance void in the event of a accident. I know of many people that think the We connect app is a tracking app, but its not. To be honest I've just paid VW £70 for the Renewal of WE -Conect, it's a lot of money just to see if you have locked your van from your mobile when in bed. Saves one having to get up to check the locks..Lol

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.
With regards your question on tracking device security category, kindly be informed that Volkswagen vehicles are not fitted with tracking devices from the factory.

Your Transporter has the feature Parking Position as part of the We Connect Plus services, which allows the user to view the last known parking position of the vehicle in the We Connect app.

This is a feature which utillises GPS to provide the user directions to find their way back to their vehicle.

We hope this information has been of some help.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us. We are available 24/7, by email or by calling 0800-2797508 and quoting your reference 0001680410.

We wish you a safe and pleasant journey always, in your Volkswagen Transporter!
Your Volkswagen team

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
@Roblee I've got a 6.1 with we connect and you don’t have to pay to see if it’s locked or its location. All you get extra when you pay is notification if the alarm goes off and the ability to sound the horn or flashing indicators remotely

@Roblee I've got a 6.1 with we connect and you don’t have to pay to see if it’s locked or its location. All you get extra when you pay is notification if the alarm goes off and the ability to sound the horn or flashing indicators remotely
Yes I bought my van from New and the first year was free, but being new to all this technology and curupt salesman telling me it had a built in tracker I just thought I'd have to pay to carry on having my van tracked. I know if I'd had done more research I'd have find the truth out. But I still have super protection, clutch claw, wheel clamp and crooklock on the steering wheel. Takes me ages to unlock it all so the vans ready to drive...Lol

No they don't, at least for now, and if you do get a tracker, insurance companies will only recognise a Thatcham approved S5 or S7 tracker and only if it's installed by a professional. Both of those points can render your insurance void if you fib to them.

The trackers I've got you can ring fence the vehicle n it shuts down !,£12.49 p/m..

Back