T5SUG

T6 Pro
Have a 66 plate SE spec Caravelle with air con. My question is does the air con not get through to the rear vents in the back? Is the seperate rear heater not connected to the air con in the cab ? Kids have been moaning there is no air in the back

The rear unit has its own chilled air built into it. As far as i know it does not use the front air con . from the engine unit . when i put mine on cold it blows chilled air out the roof vents, seems to work ok ?

Mine is SE spec and I'm doubting the rear blower has air con. On days like today 27 degrees outside warm air is just blowing through the vents even with the "rear" button pressed on the dash.

The best way to prove if you have AC to your rear unit is pop the bonnet and find the gas AC sticker. If it shows two values of gas you have two systems. Here is mine from my gen six caravelle.

You can also see drops out the back as well as the front on your driveway on a hot day...

06108072-75E8-41F9-8148-8CD74605455A.jpeg

I thought you only get ac in the rear if you opt for the 3 zone climate control? Could be wrong I usually am :)

That’s what I initially thought. I have climatic. But I thought when you press the “rear” button the dash cold air from the air con would be sent to the back ?

The best way to prove if you have AC to your rear unit is pop the bonnet and find the gas AC sticker. If it shows two values of gas you have two systems. Here is mine from my gen six caravelle.

You can also see drops out the back as well as the front on your driveway on a hot day...

View attachment 25268
I'm afraid all the T6s have the same sticker. Mine has the same sticker but definitely without the second system. I would think the configuration sticker under dash has the information if you compare those.

I think the three zone climatronic gets sitcom in the rear and the climatic system is just a blower / fan in the rear and air con in the front. Correct me if I’m wrong. Would be interested to see any what other SE spec owners have ?

Maybe I am wrong then when it comes to the sticker, that’s what an air Con Regas guy told me so I could be wrong..

My 66 plate SE belle is the same - a/c in the front but just fresh air in the rear. During these hot days its a pain in the a *#se

I think my question has been answered it looks like i just have a blower in the back with fresh air . Totally agree that on days like we have had recently it is uncomfortable in the back. Not what you would expect from a £30k vehicle that carry’s 7 people !!

I think the three zone climatronic gets sitcom in the rear and the climatic system is just a blower / fan in the rear and air con in the front. Correct me if I’m wrong. Would be interested to see any what other SE spec owners have ?
Velle SE here and it feels like it is taking air from the front.

Is there a potential aftermarket solution? Could we tap into the main aircon unit, or even into the pipework from the front?

I have 3 zone climatronic in my Beach and each of the the 3 zones can have different temperatures.

Just ac in the front. And no openable windows in the back. Rediculous in this weather.

Back