Do VGC flush-fit leak like OEM sliding windows?

Frazthoms

Hi All,
I am selecting windows to fit to a swb panel T6 and really like the flush fit sliders from VGC. Can anyone advise how prone to leaks these particular windows are as I know the older OEM flush sliders were leaky.
If there is mention of VGC slider leaks my back up plan is indented sliders from SGi, not as nice but more important to avoid risk of leaking.
Many thanks

Hi All,
I am selecting windows to fit to a swb panel T6 and really like the flush fit sliders from VGC. Can anyone advise how prone to leaks these particular windows are as I know the older OEM flush sliders were leaky.
If there is mention of VGC slider leaks my back up plan is indented sliders from SGi, not as nice but more important to avoid risk of leaking.
Many thanks
I cant say for sure, but I cant remember reading about these leaking at all.

I think transporterhq are going to be releasing flush sliding windows soon. Might be another option.
THQ

Last edited:
Thanks for replying.
I called TransporterHQ and their new slides hit the sales floor in late October, prices similarly to vgc sliders at £350ish.
Do sound good as like the vgc flush slides with added drains on inside.
Not sure I can wait that long but a very decent shout!

Hi All,
Many thanks
No, mine have not leaked in the two years they’ve been fitted.

Thanks everyone.
I’m going to go with the VGC sliders as I can’t wait for the transporterHQ’s, although they would be the ones to have if available.

I had mine fitted. Haven’t ever fitted any but here’s what I’d advise:

It’s worth fitting B-pillar vinyl before fitting windows (if that’s your thingfitting after is a pain).

If you’re fitting rear windows, make sure you spread the black adhesive / primer (whatever it is) wide in the gap between front and rear so you don’t have the body colour showing.

And on the adhesive: I recall my fitter saying it should only be spread in one direction, as it acts similar to tiny Velcro hooks and loops - applying it in a back and forth motion means the loops are not laid out properly. If that makes sense.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. And welcome to the forum!

I bought the @VGC Ltd flush window although it looks very nice it has has leaked from day one and with no drain holes the water ends up on the floor.
Self-fit.
I found the after sales from them very disappointing after contacting them about the issue they basically just ignored the it.

Screenshot_20210529-091419_Photos.jpg

I bought the @VGC Ltd flush window although it looks very nice it has has leaked from day one and with no drain holes the water ends up on the floor. Self-fit.
I found the after sales from them very disappointing after contacting them about the issue they basically just ignored the it.

View attachment 117725
Oh no.. Any update on this?

Oh no.. Any update on this?
Suggested I had them closed for to long and should try a seal restorer and leave it open in the sun for a few hours, so tried as suggested but didn't work. They have stopped answering emails now so a very disappointed with the whole experience with them.
I'll probably go down the route of making some sort of drip tray since it will be hidden by the splash back.

I had mine fitted. Haven’t ever fitted any but here’s what I’d advise:

It’s worth fitting B-pillar vinyl before fitting windows (if that’s your thingfitting after is a pain).

If you’re fitting rear windows, make sure you spread the black adhesive / primer (whatever it is) wide in the gap between front and rear so you don’t have the body colour showing.

And on the adhesive: I recall my fitter saying it should only be spread in one direction, as it acts similar to tiny Velcro hooks and loops - applying it in a back and forth motion means the loops are not laid out properly. If that makes sense.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. And welcome to the forum!
A year on, and three years since fitting, and mine are fine.
Suggested I had them closed for to long and should try a seal restorer and leave it open in the sun for a few hours
That’s odd as I could probably say mine have been opened less than 30 times in the three years! Sorry to hear you’ve had grief with them

A year on, and three years since fitting, and mine are fine.

That’s odd as I could probably say mine have been opened less than 30 times in the three years! Sorry to hear you’ve had grief with them
My thoughts exactly

Well , I guess that means I am ruling these windows out. Now I’m back to square one in the window decision process.

I have 2 VGC flush sliders, no problem with leaks, been on approx 12 months. Sorry to hear you have issues.

Advice Please … I’m also looking at fitting the VGC flush fitting side openable windows. However, I came across some supplied by “Leisure Vehicle Windows”, these come in at about half the price of VGC i.e £216 each side.

Have any of you come across these and are they any good?

Back