Do vans usually sit this high?

keltman

hi , taken delivery of a brand new T30 swb highlife kombi Van and the van seems to sit really high with a large gap from top of the tyres to wheel arch.
just wondered if this was normal 3719C64D-FDAE-4E40-AEBD-656A85647757.jpeg

That looks normal to me, I'm guessing they're 16 inch wheels. If you don't like that big gap (Like many, me included) there's a huge range of options which revolve around suspension lowering and bigger wheels. Enjoy your new van! :thumbsup:

As others have said, that's normal on standard suspension. Horrifying isn't it! :eek:

Plenty of advice on here for how to improve the stance of your van though. :cool:

I know you all will think Im strange but as I use my T6 campervan off road a bit , having ground clearance like that is a big benefit to me, I fitted heavy duty coils and shocks , to lift van back to original height as the weight of the conversion caused sag at the back and I would bottom out sometimes. I need to be able to travel on all sorts of roads, dirt or bitumen so ground clearance is important for my sort of travelling

Last edited:
Horrible isn't it, I nearly scraped my elbow on the ground going round the first roundabout I got to after picking it up. I don't remember my T5 ever being anything like as bad and never had it lowered.

I know you all will think Im strange but as I use my T6 campervan off road a bit , having ground clearance like that is a big benefit, I fitted heavy duty coils and shocks , to lift van back to original height as the weight of the conversion caused sag at the back and I would bottom out sometimes. I need to be able to travel on all sorts of roads, dirt or paved
Hi @AussieMick ...Could not agree more in your circumstances...but we have real tarmac roads to drive on ( why drive a land rover in London...that doesn’t make sense) but I guess it’s the boy racer thing...we try to relive our youths and add stuff that’s not always practical....Giving the chance I’d have the smartest jacked up fat wheeled go anywhere T6 ...but the wife would kill me
A few of us would love your setup and the environment you travel in :thumbsup:

Back