Do GTi Seats Fit a T6 ?

Fitted some mk8 Golf R seat but wondered has anyone shortened the seat slide adjuster handle? Just seems a but long and stick out quite far.

Yes, just did mine yesterday. Took about 70mm off makes a big difference. The only think I had to do was drill through the handle and bar and put a black self tapping screw in to stop the handle coming off. Not a problem As it's s pretty well out of sight :thumbsup:

@foggy3061 @rtg1200

Hi all.

Guys, I've had my Mk7 seats in for a while now I also bought the Kernow armrests to put on them a while back! As of yet I've bottled trying to put them on.

How hard is it to take the upholstery off the golf mk7 seats guys??? I want to get these armrests on, are there any decent how to videos about, or do you have any pics of the process please???

Thank you!

@foggy3061 @rtg1200

Hi all.

Guys, I've had my Mk7 seats in for a while now I also bought the Kernow armrests to put on them a while back! As of yet I've bottled trying to put them on.

How hard is it to take the upholstery off the golf mk7 seats guys??? I want to get these armrests on, are there any decent how to videos about, or do you have any pics of the process please???

Thank you!

no pics unfortunately, peeling the covers back is alot easier when the top half of the seat is unbolted from the bottom half. I cut the brackets that came with the kernow rests up quite abit to make them the right shape then drilled the seat skeleton to get them bolted on. take the lumbar support off and use that hole, theres one on the other side of the skeleton too. I dont think its something thats been done too often so no vids i know of, you really need to take the covers off to see what i mean though.

Dan Chamber did a YouTube video on this.......personally i can't make my mind up if i miss the arm rest or not.

Dan Chamber did a YouTube video on this.......personally i can't make my mind up if i miss the arm rest or not.

I fitted some wingbacks in mine and haven't missed the armrests at all. I think because the seat holds you so well, you don't need the extra support from the armrest. I sometimes found they just got in the way, especially when trying to get out the van quick them still down! Doh!

I have Tiguan seats in mine and I also haven’t missed the armrests. It makes a difference when the seat does hold you in place. Mine are also on swivel bases so armrests may get in the way.

Thank you @Pewt this link is really useful, I'll definitely be using this video when it comes to putting my armrests on!

Cheers guys, again you've all been very helpful. I'll try and remember to post some pics once we've got them on! :)

no pics unfortunately, peeling the covers back is alot easier when the top half of the seat is unbolted from the bottom half. I cut the brackets that came with the kernow rests up quite abit to make them the right shape then drilled the seat skeleton to get them bolted on. take the lumbar support off and use that hole, theres one on the other side of the skeleton too. I dont think its something thats been done too often so no vids i know of, you really need to take the covers off to see what i mean though.
Thanks @rtg1200 for helping, will let you know how we get on! :)

@foggy3061 @rtg1200

Hi all.

Thank you!
I'm no help on this one I'm afraid.

I've always intended to remove the airbags and fit arm rests at the same time. However, I'm still waiting for some bargain arm rests.....I fear it'll be a long wait!

Hi
I have 2017 T6 that has factory heated seats 2+1 that I want to fit 2 single seats
I’ve been looking at the mk7 Golf /scirocco style seats and wondering if the heated seats would work with the factory wiring
I have been looking for the info but couldnt find the answer so thought I’d ask on here

Jason

Thanks for the inspiration, and the template was really useful. I used a mini countryman John cooper works seat

The spacing on the rails are 420mm wide and 20mm shorter than T6. The seat only has a 30mm offset too so not too much poke from the adaptors. I used 460mm lengths of 30x50x3 box section. IMG_2806.jpeg

Back