Do Eu5’s ReGen?

AussieMick

T6 Guru
I have read many posts about regens but have a question.

Do euro 5 engines do regens.
The reason I ask is I have a 2016 euro 5 140bhp and have owned it from new.
Have now done over 76000km and as far as I can tell it has never done a regen.

99% of my journeys are fairly long so engine always gets up to temperature of 100c degrees or so.
So is it because of always getting up to temperature around 100c or do euro 5 motors not do regens.

Yes they do. I too have a Euro 5 T6, and have never noticed a regen, other than once when I parked on the drive and the fan was running and the exhaust system under the vehicle was very hot.
I also do longer runs - I think the van does regens without us noticing.

On a 2007 Alfa Romeo it was the same. The only way I could tell if it was doing a regen was that the instantaneous fuel consumption increased massively for a short period.

Pete

I have read many posts about regens but have a question.

Do euro 5 engines do regens.
The reason I ask is I have a 2016 euro 5 140bhp and have owned it from new.
Have now done over 76000km and as far as I can tell it has never done a regen.

99% of my journeys are fairly long so engine always gets up to temperature of 100c degrees or so.
So is it because of always getting up to temperature around 100c or do euro 5 motors not do regens.
Not answering your question Mick but mine is also a Euro5 140 and like you I've never known it to regenerate the dpf.
I don't give it a second thought.

I think all diesels that have a DPF will do regens....or they will clog up.

Mostly it goes unnoticed.

The EU6 engine is slightly different in that the revs at idle are raised slightly, which is noticeable.

I think all diesels that have a DPF will do regens....or they will clog up.

Mostly it goes unnoticed.

The EU6 engine is slightly different in that the revs at idle are raised slightly, which is noticeable.
Had an EU5 140 bhp and now have an EU6 150 bhp and this is the best summary of regen I’ve read. Never noticed it on my EU5 but occasionally noticed it on my EU6 (irritatingly, and more often than not, when I’ve just landed home after a decent run!)

The only thing I have noticed is if I move my van around the driveway when working on it, so multiple engine on and then off , I get a strong smell and have had a smoky exhaust until I take it for a drive .

Back