DNX516dabs satnav firmware update

Dig

VIP Member
I have searched the forum for info on this but no joy. Im trying to update the firmware for my maps. I have followed all the download instructions to the letter …. i think. When I insert the USB stick into the system it recognises the USB but says "no media" rather than starting the download as should happen. I've tried a couple of times... same result.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

No joy. I will try a new usb unless anyone has any other ideas
thanks bullracing

Thanks Kyle yes i have. Im going to buy a new usb and see if I've just been unlucky with the old ones not working v well. The keep reading "no media"
Will keep you posted

Thanks to all
I have managed to update the firmware. I contacted Kenwood by e mail and they have been VERY helpful so I would recommend contacting them if you are having issues.
If it helps someone with similar issue pls read on:
The manual etc advises you to download the software to your pc then unzip the file before transferring to your USB stick.
The problem is that some computers create an extra file whilst unzipping so you have to make sure that this does not happen or your Kenwood system will not recognise the indo on the USB. The following pics should make it clear. Below is incorrect ie 2 files starting S_V3
1587841274572.png

This is correct as sent to me by Kenwood
1587841511311.png

Thanks to all
I have managed to update the firmware. I contacted Kenwood by e mail and they have been VERY helpful so I would recommend contacting them if you are having issues.
The manual etc advises you to download the software to your pc then unzip the file before transferring to your USB stick.
The problem is that some computers create an extra file whilst unzipping so you have to make sure that this does not happen or your Kenwood system will not recognise the indo on the USB. The following pics should make it clear. Below is incorrect ie 2 files starting S_V3
View attachment 67189

View attachment 67190

Thanks to all
View attachment 67189

View attachment 67190

Hi mate I am having the same issue I have all the files that's on the bottom one that kenwood told you to have but mine still won't work any ideas thanks

Back