DIY pop-top roof kit supplier

Hi, can anyone recommend a diy pop top kit for a SWB T6 ? Or if not a tried and tested installer.
Also what are the feelings regarding high top roofs pros and cons over pop tops.
cheers,
Pete.

Hi Pete
I recently brought a poptop from Denby capervans ,although I read a few negative reviews on them, I had no issues they were helpful and I fitted the roof OK with no problems, I can send some pictures if you want?

Colin

This vid might be of interest to you...im not a 'pop topper' personally so no idea if this brand is favoured by other members

Hi, can anyone recommend a diy pop top kit for a SWB T6 ? Or if not a tried and tested installer.
Have a look at this thread also:

Also what are the feelings regarding high top roofs pros and cons over pop tops?
The high-top may give you the space you want for standing, but doesn’t offer the additional bed. There’s a big cost difference mind, so if you don’t need the bed upstairs then go for the high-roof option. Second-hand value will be higher with a pop-top, naturally.

Morning All

I'm looking to do a DIY fit of a pop roof to my T6 but cannot find a company that offers on a supply on basis, only supply and fit.

Does anyone know of any companies that can offer supply only?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried Vanmax? I know their new roof is a cartridge type system that is supplied complete.
Also I think you can buy the Storm pop top for self install.

PopTops will do supply only. Probably better to DIY as you won’t cover your own van in swarf when you cut the roof out.

Morning All

I'm looking to do a DIY fit of a pop roof to my T6 but cannot find a company that offers on a supply on basis, only supply and fit.

Does anyone know of any companies that can offer supply only?

Thanks in advance
@Spaced1 used Denby, as above

What tool did you use to cut? Does the cut have to be perfect?
Hi

I used a jigsaw (metal cutting blade ) and a recip saw for the struts but you could getaway with just a jigsaw. There is a bit of tolerance with the cut out but always measure twice cut once. Just make everything out with masking tape and check before cutting.

Hi Pete
I recently brought a poptop from Denby capervans ,although I read a few negative reviews on them, I had no issues they were helpful and I fitted the roof OK with no problems, I can send some pictures if you want?

Colin
Hi Colin I have a VW Swb 2019 transporter van .did u find it easy to install your own roof.what was the cost avd and how long it take you .I was worried in case I made a mistake cutting the roof

Some massive balls on people here... I wouldn't dare do that to my own van... which is daft as I can't stand trades men in the house as I don't trust them to do any job as good as i would do it myself!

I got my pop top from Storm, fully fitted, but i think he sells them? Either way I'm really pleased with it.

Good luck.
:mexican wave:

Good question - I had him do a load of work for me - Electrics, Solar panel, MPPT charge controller, he re-wired the tri-smart thing.

I didn't get much change from £6k, but I 100% feel I got value for money. Nice people to deal with as well.

Back