Ditching the splitter... Maybe panamericana instead?

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've already ditched the sportline front splitter last year sometime. Ended up going for a vw carbon front gloss black splitter.
Its a lovely thing, but lately I've been thinking about taking it off as it looks a bit too stuck on sometimes?

Anyone reverted back to standard oem look sans splitter and been happy?

Also as I'm raising my b14s up slightly and fitting some 235/55r18 tyres....
Has anyone gone down the panamericana look with the front skid plate instead? I know it's probably more of a swamper look a lot of the time but I came across this the other day;

20201205_004705.jpg

And also this off here;
Screenshot_20201205-004946_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think the silver looks good against the mainly black front end and black wheels.

Thoughts?

:)

I’ve always thought splitters/spoilers etc look a bit daft on a van, but that’s just my taste. I do like the Panamerica look though and have been thinking of getting those front and rear trims since seeing @Loz ’s van

I’ve always thought splitters/spoilers etc look a bit daft on a van, but that’s just my taste. I do like the Panamerica look though and have been thinking of getting those front and rear trims since seeing @Loz ’s van

Yes I'm definitely going down a less is more route at the minute I think. I've had some sidebars in the garage for a while and not got round to fitting them. Not because I can't be bothered, but just because I'm not sure if i want to or not....

Cheers Loz.
I've seen yours a few times, love the overall look. It just likes 'right' as whole package ie. body mouldings and chunky tyres.

Wondering what one would look like on a van thats lower, with a less swamper type look, gloss black grills etc....
Mine is still low but I'm either going to raise it or fit air before going down this route. I think they would still look good on a lowered van so long as it was dark enough to show the contrast.

Splitter off to its new home today. So do I go down the panamericana front now??
On a dark van with all black bits so a good contrast. Still undecided on what wheel tyre combo would work with this look...

Old thread revive... just ordered the Silver Panamericana in this thread... will give it a review and some photos when its on an indium grey....

*was torn on the black or silver version...

Last edited:
Back