Discus Wheels

Tgooch

Hi,
I’m wanting to put some new wheels on my T6 T32 but am struggling. I’ve currently got standard 16 steels on it but have had them planted blue and the centre cap silver to look a bit retro. I had the van lowered 40mm and the van doesn’t look quite right. I want to keep a retro look and maybe go to 18s. I know I need to consider the axle weight as well so I’m going round circles. I’ve like oiled at Discus wheels but they cost a lot. Does anyone have ideas of alternatives? Sorry for the massive post

Hi. @Tgooch .. I’m on Oem Sportline 18” which are rated for T32 in plain silver you can get the T5 versions …which I guess are retro(ish) …most are available used :)

new type with optional caps

6FB8891F-CD06-425B-8ADB-2CDBF5A060F2.jpeg
older type

74F393DE-FD72-4BBB-803C-8CBAFBE171FF.jpeg

0D7BE742-49DB-4462-AF01-07111683F8E9.jpegI just got those smooth steels in black but the 20x9s still waiting on tyres and solow coil overs before fitting. Look great tho. Did. A quick test fit and look awesome
2F07F110-54F9-4756-9152-CA7FE6980E7E.jpeg

Wish I had gone for these now instead of the navis
I looked at the Mavis schmoove but just couldn’t justify the price. Those pictured cost £430 delivered and have I believe a higher load rating. Paint finish was also spot on. Ide say worth the gamble at that price

E1397BF8-787D-4225-A301-E8562AE87B04.jpegD76751E8-C34E-4285-8121-D959F5899E24.jpegWish I had gone for these now instead of the navis

What wheel bolts did you use for your navis? Transported hq told me radius seat and I quote ‘should be fine’ so I bought them from the site and now not sure they are right. Emailed them back and now they claim they aren’t sure for my wheels even tho they are the same it seems.

What wheel bolts did you use for your navis? Transported hq told me radius seat and I quote ‘should be fine’ so I bought them from the site and now not sure they are right. Emailed them back and now they claim they aren’t sure for my wheels even tho they are the same it seems.
What ones do you have? Maybe @Tourershine can help is it’s the smoothies.

285A7997-5376-449A-95C0-BE9F6521DD21.jpegHi there guys these are the bolts I have

double check with tourershine as he’s very knowledgeable on the wheel and tyre stuff.

I’ll take a clearer picture tomorrow and have dropped tourershine a message. Thanks guys. anyone else find transporter hqs replies a bit blunt and not that helpful? Kinda regret buying stuff from them now

Any steels I've fitted, including the Navis Holey, Navis Schmoov, and all my banded steels have had the factory bolts used with no issues at all.

The ones on @Radford1071s reply above.

I’ll take a clearer picture tomorrow and have dropped tourershine a message. Thanks guys. anyone else find transporter hqs replies a bit blunt and not that helpful? Kinda regret buying stuff from them now
When I was doing up the wife’s old van now mine as she got a new van I was looking for a genuine Vw sportline lower front spoiler. They had them at £450 so I phoned them up the guy said oh definitely none left sir. The guy wasn’t very helpful which was a shame. Ordered one online and it came within the week.

6910FA6C-F5F1-491B-96AA-3506E2BBDC6E.jpeg

Oh it did come without the bonding agent .that I bought from skoda main dealer. It’s apparently discontinued.

If in dought order it online.
And then they whinge that the internet is killing them! (I get the whole business rate / tax position argument which does need fixing,)

I had a retailer ask me recently why I didn’t buy online as it’s cheaper - “Oh, because you told me what I needed to get when I asked what I needed. That added value is why I buy it from you so you can trouser the profit!”

And then they whinge that the internet is killing them! (I get the whole business rate / tax position argument which does need fixing,)

I had a retailer ask me recently why I didn’t buy online as it’s cheaper - “Oh, because you told me what I needed to get when I asked what I needed. That added value is why I buy it from you so you can trouser the profit!”
Reminds me of when I was last buying a motorcycle helmet, I had spent about 2 hours in the shop looking and trying them on (its not a put on and Oh, that fits / doesnt thing).
Another guy had been there most of the time doing the same thing. When I chose to to buy he suggested getting the same one online as it was a bit cheaper, my reply was "So where will I go to try them on when all the shops have shut because people do that".

Back