Discovercare Update Software for Sat Nav

My issue with the direct download, is that the folder hierarchy is completely different to what is on my SD card
Oh that’s strange, mine is exactly the same - can you screenshot, or explain, what is on your card?
You might like to read this thread sat nav updates

Last edited:
Yeah i've had a look at that thread.. it seems like some there are having similar issues with the folders, and i can't risk b0rking my current map database. 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Where are you downloading from ?
I did mine the other day and folder structure was as per original card data

Where are you downloading from ?
I did mine the other day and folder structure was as per original card data
From the VW map website -> Volkswagen Map & Softwareupdates

Granted this is for my Tiguan not my Caravelle, but the concept is the same. If i choose the Discover Pro European Maps from the Tiguan 2016 selection, i get a 25GB file downloaded with the name P166_N60S5... as shown above.

From the VW map website -> Volkswagen Map & Softwareupdates

Granted this is for my Tiguan not my Caravelle, but the concept is the same. If i choose the Discover Pro European Maps from the Tiguan 2016 selection, i get a 25GB file downloaded with the name P166_N60S5... as shown above.

I’m guessing this is the discovery pro download you are looking at, if so then yes it’s a different file then the discover media in the T6 with a different structure and size completely.
I notice that the 2017 Tiguan offers both, that’s media and pro.

Last edited:
Yes whilst this conversation began simply when trying to get the software to work, the Discovery Pro files on my SD card are different to the file structure in the download.

Yes whilst this conversation began simply when trying to get the software to work, the Discovery Pro files on my SD card are different to the file structure in the download.
Hi Sam, an obvious question, sorry, but are you sure you have the pro? What is the size of the file on the SD card?

Hi Sam, an obvious question, sorry, but are you sure you have the pro? What is the size of the file on the SD card?
A fair question, and my only assumption being that it is the only option given when selecting that car model on the website. Current SD card contents are 12.7GB

A fair question, and my only assumption being that it is the only option given when selecting that car model on the website. Current SD card contents are 12.7GB

Ha, in that case you have the media, go to the 2017 model where it offers you both versions together with a picture of what the two units look like.

Well there we go, as simple as that.. why follow what VW says it is, when you should follow what it says it's not, and then it'll work. Ta Da!

Back