Discovercare Update Software for Sat Nav

Sam Lawson

Does anyone use the DiscoverCare software for map updates? I can't seem to get it to run correctly. As it can't seem to connect to it's own servers, regardless of where i try and run it from.

Capture.JPG

Same here!

Further along it also won't recognize that I have a VW SD Card installed!

Last time I updated nav I just navigated right to the files and manually downloaded them (it does it in 1gb chunks) them pit it on as card when complete

Yes same issue, which i believe is because the software can't contact it's own servers to verify the SD Card. If you choose the option for your own SD Card, it won't give you any vehicles from the drop down. I've only been trying this today so i'm wondering if it's a common issue or just coincidence that their servers seem to be down at the moment

Last time I updated nav I just navigated right to the files and manually downloaded them (it does it in 1gb chunks) them pit it on as card when complete
I did try that, but the download file from the VW site was 25Gb and once extracted has a completely different layout to the file structure on the current card, i didn't want to mess about and corrupt my current map data.

When I did it think it was a 14gb download and matched the card when complete
If you search the forum (I’m on phone with flaky WiFi) there’s a link to the download somewhere

Before Loz makes me eat my words about how easy it is to update with the new software I hope the sever is down because they are setting up a new update or something. Best leave it for a few hours and see if it come back online.

Reactions: Loz
I can’t imagine it will be off long term, this thread has reminded me mines due an update so will revisit it next week

Still having the same connection problem..
Yup, I had a look yesterday and still reporting server down.
I have had a trawl on the internet and a German forum says that VW are aware of the issue and are working on it, it is affecting both Mac and Window users and it all went pear shaped when they updated the software to version 1.0.4
so fingers crossed.........

Last edited:
I updated mine today, as above i did the direct download
Couldnt find the old version where you could download it in segments had to do the whole thing in one go

Downloads

I updated mine today, as above i did the direct download
Couldnt find the old version where you could download it in segments had to do the whole thing in one go

Downloads
You would think a company as big and ‘professional’ as VW would make it clear that there are two ways of updating the data on the Satnav.
1. Using the VW dicovercare application which makes it is as simple as just plugging the SD card into a slot on your PC and it then just does it all for you (well it did until they broke it with an update).
2. You download the data onto your pc as a compressed file (7z) which you then expand and copy across to the SD card manually with all the inherent problems it causes to newbies and those not used to unzipping and copying.

Hopefully the fix for discovercare is on its way.......

My issue with the direct download, is that the folder hierarchy is completely different to what is on my SD card

Back