Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
This out of my 2016 T6 caravelle executive
I am upgrading the sound system
I have done less than 1000 miles so far
2 SD card slots
£750

How comes you wanted to change it? I have opted out of the nav media. Looking at double dins now. Looks like it will be a pioneer or Alpine

i want an upgrade in sound and need a pre-amp sub out for a sub thats all
not going to bother if i dont sell this one
spent money on 19" wheels , lowered 30mm eibach , flappy paddle steering wheel :)

I thought that they were coded to the original vehicle and could not be installed into another vehicle?

@DaveBos , yep my understanding as well, something that can't be gotten around even by dealer:(, apparently works for 10 ign on/off cycles then shuts down all the goodies like BT, Wireless etc. @Pauly thanks for the info elsewhere on the forum.:thumbsup::whistle::whistle:

My understanding is that the Ebay units are the same, have a look at @Pauly post ref subject, or pm him, don't think it's a widely known issue by all.:thumbsdown::thumbsup: Shame as I would prob upgrade mine otherwise :(

To my knowledge it wont work fully outside of your vehicle
The main functions are not affected ie radio/cd but after 10 power on/offs bluetooth and aux inputs shutdown and cannot be reactivated outside of original vehicle
Although worth noting if the stereo has app connect activated and the new vehicle doesnt the usb socket/s would have to go with it

thanks for letting me know that, ill stick with it for now
so no longer for sale mods !

Damn, does this mean I can't sell mine then since I have the Alpine in as a replacement?

@Jules , afraid so, but check with @Pauly , as there was a chap from overseas asking the same, but afaik no it's no good, AT THE MOMENT, as it might change, so keep it good, and maybe in the future.... So don't bung it!

This has never been clarified 100%, i know of stereos that after being moved to another vehicle lose partial functionality after 10 ignition cycles, @Gingercoastie had this problem with his
Have spoken to a tech who tried this in conjuction with a VW dealer and after disabling component protection they could not regain full functionality of the radio outside the original vehicle but a soon as its connected back in original van works perfectly swap back to new vehicle 10 ignition cycles and things shut down

This has never been clarified 100%, i know of stereos that after being moved to another vehicle lose partial functionality after 10 ignition cycles, @Gingercoastie had this problem with his
Have spoken to a tech who tried this in conjuction with a VW dealer and after disabling component protection they could not regain full functionality of the radio outside the original vehicle but a soon as its connected back in original van works perfectly swap back to new vehicle 10 ignition cycles and things shut down
Cheers @Pauly There must be a logical explanation to this that VW know about as for it not to work outside of its own Van means someone's put something in there deliberately. Maybe a line in the operating code of the box somewhere. I say this only because surely if mine goes wrong under warranty and they replace it then surely they must be tampering with each unit prior to it going in so that it only works on the specific vehicle it is being put in. Nightmare, I have a brand new one in a box! :(

I agree, i think this will be a similar issue to activating app connect and its simply that VW Germany may not have released the information yet
It was similar when the MIB2 headunits were released in Golfs it took a good 12 months before the dealers could activate app connect on those !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back