Discover Media Navigation system - Alternatives?

Diesel9a1

T6 Pro
1. Is there a better alternative to the VW Discover Media Navigation system?
2. What are the negatives to the Discover Media Navigation system?
3. I'm looking for a
  • Dual USB, CD, DVD, MP3,
  • Reversing Camera,
  • Bluetooth phone connection,
  • full VW MFSW support,
  • Reversing & Front sensor display (if this is a feature),
  • Android Auto?
  • Navigation that has free upgrades, not on a DVD that costs £400 to upgrade every year! (I've got TomTom 5100 with free lifetime maps and cameras).
4. Any recommendations?

Peace out!

The Composition Media is one down from the discover and has everything except the navigation (twin USB with app connect is available option)

I went this way as I hate the built in navigation and just use my TomTom or Apple maps on CarPlay

I have been looking into this for a T6 I am getting but seems there is very little out there regarding the T6.
I wanted to retrofit an OEM reversing camera kit but I have only found this link which says its only compatible with the Composition media head unit or Discover unit. Unfortunately it won't work with the default in screen display head unit on the T6's.
There are a number of 3rd party sat nav units out there but I'm not keen on them. The older T5 RNS510 is readily available at about £500 which is tempting but don't have the DAB radio. I have seen a few websites offering brand new Discover Media head units for around £900 which is quite a lot however...

VW DISCOVER MEDIA NAVIGATION SYSTEM - 5C0035680B - SCIROCCO CADDY TRANSPORTER BEETLE TIGUAN

I have a Garmin Camper Sat Nav from my previous vehicle, it has a wireless reversing camera that just needs a common and a tap into the reverse wire.

That looks a great Sat Nav option. Not sure what you mean by this however "just needs a common and a tap into the reverse wire"

To power the rear camera and to switch it on when reversing as it connects wirelessly to the Sat Nav

Back