Disarm alarm - HELP!!

drsmiles1

My T6 is playing up. Alarm has been going off most of the weekend when it’s sat on the driveway. Noticed when driving that the interior door lights flickered but no doors were being opened so figured (after reading on here) that there’s a fault with one of my door locks/sensors. It’s bank holiday so can’t see an auto electrician but need to lock the van but disarm the alarm so it doesn’t go off in the night??!! Have tried x3 presses on the fob, locking with the key but the alarm still gets activated!! Help!

Pull the neg terminal off the battery? If you do this, before shutting the bonnet, just make sure you can still unlock the drivers door with the key!

Pull the neg terminal off the battery? If you do this, before shutting the bonnet, just make sure you can still unlock the drivers door with the key!
will I need to reset all of the codes if I disconnect the battery? Sorry for my ignorance, I look after disabled people for a living, not vans

No. The only thing that needs resetting is the comfort (1 touch) close if you have electric windows which is easy enough.

My T6 is playing up. Alarm has been going off most of the weekend when it’s sat on the driveway. Noticed when driving that the interior door lights flickered but no doors were being opened so figured (after reading on here) that there’s a fault with one of my door locks/sensors. It’s bank holiday so can’t see an auto electrician but need to lock the van but disarm the alarm so it doesn’t go off in the night??!! Have tried x3 presses on the fob, locking with the key but the alarm still gets activated!! Help!
When the lights flickered did you get a door open indication on the MFD?

When the lights flickered did you get a door open indication on the MFD?
I didn’t notice the MFD displaying anything? I’m hoping to get it to an auto elec tmrw, just gotta get through tonight without the alarm going off throughout the night!

Unlock van - lock doors manually by pushing locking button down. Drivers door closed push the button down from inside. For the rest of the doors: open door, push button down, close door.
Unfortunately tailgate remains unlocked - as it's electrical could disconnect connector at the latch - or perhaps park by wall?
Not sure about barn doors - do they have the locking button?

2 presses on the fob on disables the interior monitoring. The door switches will always set off the alarm.

spray some contact cleaner in the lock claw.

An update on my alarm issue. It’s had x3 visits to Bristol auto electricians. They finally thought they’d cracked it when the ECU highlighted an issue with the boot lock. So they disarmed the boot to the alarm thinking it’d be a temp fix until they could change the lock. Then at 2.30am the alarm decided it was tired of being quiet so went off again!! It’s back in the garage now hoping they find the next fault !!

Back