Direct TPMS?

conrad

I have seen threads about indirect TMPS systems been activated for those vehicles were the `change in law' did not apply but has anybody managed to work out if a Direct TMPS system is built in and could it be activated?
I have a DTMPS on Jeep Renegade and I find it really useful, seeing which tyre needs air, tyre pressure monitoring as tyre pressures increase with heat and stuff its also nice as is the needle sweep and other stuff it does as standard that I see you guys are proud that you have found the way to activate them on your vehicles,makes me wonder why after spending so much on a R&D and improvement over time VW would not add this function at least to the higher end models such as the California and Caravelle.

Its part of the abs system and yes its on the California..

Its part of the abs system and yes its on the California..
Yes, This is an Indirect TPMS as the tyre monitoring comes from the information from the ABS system, the question I'm asking is (and realise now I have put the initials of the tyre pressure management system the wrong way round) is there a Direct TPMS system built into the T6 "computer" that uses tyre valve pressure monitors? and has anybody exploited this? the reason i ask is the illuminated flat tyre indication is not very helpful whereas individual tyre pressures would be more useful as in one would not have to try and ascertain through trial and error which tyre is under pressued.

the hardware is not installed on the t6 for direct measurement.

There are aftermarket kits that can talk to your phone or android headunits but other than thats its indirect only

Not sure if you realise (as I didn't for a while) but when you key on it tells you which wheel is activating the light
FWIW for googling purposes VW refer to it as highline TPMS for direct measurement and lowline for T6 style

Yes, This is an Indirect TPMS as the tyre monitoring comes from the information from the ABS system, the question I'm asking is (and realise now I have put the initials of the tyre pressure management system the wrong way round) is there a Direct TPMS system built into the T6 "computer" that uses tyre valve pressure monitors? and has anybody exploited this? the reason i ask is the illuminated flat tyre indication is not very helpful whereas individual tyre pressures would be more useful as in one would not have to try and ascertain through trial and error which tyre is under pressued.
With you now, still no, as direct systems like the Touareg has, have a small receiver near each wheel for the near field communication with the wheel sensor.

There are aftermarket systems you can buy.

Not sure if you realise (as I didn't for a while) but when you key on it tells you which wheel is activating the light
FWIW for googling purposes VW refer to it as highline TPMS for direct measurement and lowline for T6 style

I had initially forgot, until you reminded me :)

the hardware is not installed on the t6 for direct measurement.

There are aftermarket kits that can talk to your phone or android headunits but other than thats its indirect only

What a pity VW missed a trick for one would have thought pennies in coding............ thanks for your reply

With you now, still no, as direct systems like the Touareg has, have a small receiver near each wheel for the near field communication with the wheel sensor.

There are aftermarket systems you can buy.
Thanks for your reply.

Back