Digital vernier calliper recommendations?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Looking to add one of these to my tool box. Not wanting to spend big bucks on one, so looking for reasonable priced recommendations.

Thanks

I've got this one . .

at £15 you can go wrong.

cheap and cheerful. . . . . it only gets used once in a blue moon (however often that is?)

1622813875699.png

1622814009989.png

I probably paid about the same for mine, it's been used and abused for a couple of years and is still fine. Even came with a spare battery.

I've got this one . .

at £15 you can go wrong.

cheap and cheerful. . . . . it only gets used once in a blue moon (however often that is?)

View attachment 118388

View attachment 118389
Blue moons usually come only once every 2 or 3 years. I think in 2018 there were 2 blue moons that year. SO it varied (you did ask in a post to an Astrophysicist).

Thanks will order that one.

lol. . . . . yeh .

that's probably how often i used this one . . . . . once every 2 or 3 years :slow rofl:

Had some draper expert ones from machine mart for a few years now they've been spot on and always tally up with my micrometers.

Still use my old skool one that my grandad passed down to me, must be at least 60 years old, never had to change the battery :geek:

All depends what you’re using it for.
Brake discs - cheap and cheerful, probably in a soft case.
Precision engineering - spend more for a reputable brand, certainly in a hard case with a calibration certificate.
Either way if it gets chucked in the toolbox it’s just another adjustable spanner.

Still use my old skool one that my grandad passed down to me, must be at least 60 years old, never had to change the battery :geek:
Trust me as you get older the opticians fees cost more than the batteries, not many using the Vernier scale now ;)

Mitutoyo all day. Having said that I have two digital and one not digital from my apprenticeship 25 years ago. Funnily just giving a digital set away to mate lad who’s doing and engineering apprenticeship with Vauxhall

Reactions: DXX
Back